Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Tristan da Cunha 5-Pound 1.25-oz Wedgwood Three Graces Matte
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $179.00 $173.72
$89.50 / month
World’s First Wedgwood Jasperware Ceramic Coin!
A variety of metals are used to make the world’s legal-tender coins. Precious metals such as silver and gold are among the most coveted, but due to the increasing price of these metals, they are now used only for bullion or collector coins. Other metals such as copper, nickel and zinc are used to produce most of today’s regular-issue coins. But did you know there have been a whole host of non-metallic coins? Some of these coins include paper, wood, stone, plastic and cardboard just to name a few. Now comes a new material. For the first time ever a legal-tender coin has been struck with Wedgwood Jasperware!
Jasperware is a type of stoneware that dates back to 1774. Created by Englishman Josiah Wedgwood, Jasperware features a silky-smooth texture, lovely matte finish and attractive colors such as the famous “Wedgwood Blue” used on this coin. Still immensely popular nearly 250 years since it was first employed in the creation of stoneware, Jasperware remains one of the most sought-after and collected ceramics in the world – and now it ventures into the realm of numismatics!
Each coin in this release was made by hand at the Wedgwood factory exclusively for the Commonwealth Mint and includes the Wedgwood England mintmark on the edge just below the 2018 year date. At 65 mm in diameter, this large coin features the famous William Wyon design of the Three Graces – the mythical daughters of Zeus representing youth, mirth and elegance – in a cameo white on the reverse while a regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II is shown on the obverse.
And as stated above, this is a legal-tender coin bearing a denomination of £5 legal tender in Tristan da Cunha. Known as the world’s most remote island for its location in the South Atlantic Ocean, Tristan da Cunha authorized these coins and has set the worldwide edition limit at just 3,000. It will come beautifully displayed in a Wedgwood-branded presentation case and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity from the Commonwealth Mint.
With so few coins available in this unique first-ever release, the time to secure one of these coins is now. Click one to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER WEDGWOOD COIN – This is the first-ever Wedgwood coin struck with Jasperware. It features the Three Garces design by William Wyon on the reverse and a regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- MADE BY HAND FROM JASPERWARE – Each coin in this release was made by hand at the Wedgwood factory exclusively for the Commonwealth Mint and includes the Wedgwood England mintmark on the edge just below the 2018 year date.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 2018 Wedgwood Three Graces Matte Coins are £5 legal tender in Tristan da Cunha, a British Overseas Territory located in the South Atlantic half way between South Africa and Argentina.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – Just 3,000 of these first-ever legal-tender Wedgwood Jasperware coins were produced for worldwide release. Your coin will also be accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity from the Commonwealth Mint.
The World’s First Wedgwood Jasperware Ceramic Coin is a low-mintage, first-of-a-kind coin that will appeal to stoneware collectors as much as coin enthusiasts. Make sure this coin finds its way into your collection – order now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Country||Tristan Da Cunha|
|Mint Name||Commonwealth Mint|
|Coin Weight||39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1.25 Ounces - oz|