Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-W 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Eagle NGC PF70UCAM ER Mercanti Jones Signed 2pc Set
Bring Home Two Proof-Struck American Masterpieces!
Beautiful, bold and superbly struck, American Silver Eagle Proofs have captivated collectors for over three decades. Ever since Adolph A. Weinman's Walking Liberty was first paired with John Mercanti's heraldic eagle in 1986, each annual release of these beloved proofs attracts more and more fans from around the world. With their phenomenal history and lustrous appearance -- all minted into one ounce of government-guaranteed 99.9% fine American-mined silver -- it's not hard to see why! Now you can secure two of these 2018 Silver Eagle Proofs for your own collection, both struck at the West Point Mint.
- LIBERTY WALKS TRIUMPHANTLY . . . -- Making its first appearance on the 1916 half dollar, Adolph A. Weinman's Walking Liberty is still considered one of the most poetic images of America's beloved national symbol ever committed to precious metal. Replaced on the half dollar in 1947, this creation was reintroduced as the Silver Eagle's obverse, where it continues to inspire to this day.
- . . . OPPOSITE THE STOIC GAZE OF A BALD EAGLE! -- Paired with Lady Liberty is an intricate heraldic eagle as envisioned by designer John Mercanti -- surrounded by patriotic symbolism and exhibiting wisdom, strength and courage.
- PROOF-STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER -- Using hand-selected planchets of 99.9% fine American silver, the artisans at the West Point Mint use multiple strikes from polished dies to create these beloved proofs. Exhibiting mirror-like fields and razor-sharp frosted details, each proof also displays a particular touch of pride -- the West Point Mint's "W" mark on the coin's obverse.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2018 Silver Eagle Proof in this two-coin set is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on each coin's reverse.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Both coins will come certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70 UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded 2018 1-oz Silver Eagle Proofs will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, your Silver Eagle Proofs will be certified Early Releases (ER) by NGC, meaning that they were among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- AUTOGRAPHED LABELS! -- Each Silver Eagle Proof will be sonically sealed in its own acrylic holder, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Inside those holders, you'll find another phenomenal feature. One of your proofs will come with a label hand-signed by the designer of the Silver Eagle's reverse, 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint John Mercanti. The other will come with a label hand-signed by Elizabeth Jones, the 11th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint. Appointed by President Ronald Reagan in 1981, Jones oversaw the creation and launch of the Eagle series in 1986!
Unlike their bullion brethren, Silver Eagle Proofs are usually minted in far fewer numbers. Through 2016, roughly one Silver Eagle Proof has been minted for every 23 Silver Eagle bullion coins struck. Whether you've been collecting them since the very beginning or are just making your first foray into this historic series, the time is now to secure your own 2018 Silver Eagle Proofs -- add these two to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||Early Releases, Jones Signed, Mercanti Signed|
|Mint Name||West Point - W, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|