Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-W 10 Dollar 1/10-oz Gold Liberty High Relief NGC PF70UCAM FDI Mercanti Signed
The Coveted First Day of Issue with a John Mercanti Hand-Signed Label!
For more than 200 years, Lady Liberty has been a proud symbol of American independence, freedom and opportunity for millions of people in the United States and around the world. Over the years, the way we see her has changed to reflect the times and the eye of the interpreter. Either capped or with flowing hair, fully clothed or with an exposed breast, holding a shield, torch or olive branch -- each version of Liberty is full of beauty, symbolism and representation. What we see in her is, ideally, what we'd like to see within all of us.
That evolution still continues today. In 2017, to herald their 225th anniversary, the United States Mint celebrated the momentous occasion by introducing the Gold American Liberty Proof. Featuring a new artistic interpretation of Lady Liberty, this critically-acclaimed coin became a media event both before and after its release. And now, for 2018, you can bring home a tenth-ounce version of this numismatic touchstone, still minted in amazing high relief from 99.99% pure gold!
- A HISTORIC DESIGN . . . -- Designed by Justin Kunz and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill, this coin marks the second (and last) year of the inaugural American Liberty biennial series -- imagining Lady Liberty through the prism of our nation's cultural and ethnic diversity. Like its 2017 predecessor, Liberty is portrayed as a beautiful African-American woman, wreathed with stars reminiscent of Thomas Crawford's "Statue of Freedom" that graces the top of the U.S. Capitol building.
- STRUCK IN PHENOMENAL HIGH RELIEF! -- Using the latest in technology, the renowned artisans at the West Point Mint have created a stunning high relief masterpiece in just a tenth-ounce of 99.99% pure gold! Each hand-selected planchet is struck multiple times with polished, curved dies to create a coin with frosted, razor-sharp details that rise over a deep concave field shimmering with mirror-like reflectivity.
- FIRST DAY OF ISSUE DESIGNATION -- On the day of release, February 8th, the U.S. Mint set the household limit to 5. Knowing NGC’s strict standards for FDI designation but wanting to offer our customers the best of the best, we reached out to a sizeable network to acquire these coins and get them to NGC, with the invoice proving proof of First Day of Issue from the Mint.
- JOHN MERCANTI SIGNATURE -- No more than 500 will exist in FDI with Mercanti signature. With a mintage of 135,000 that is well less than 1% that will feature this coveted and scarce designation and the hand-signed signature of the 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint.
- FLAWLESS CONDITION -- Each graded coin is authenticated and encapsulated in flawless PF70 Ultra Cameo condition. Collectors crave quality! Each coin is also deemed worthy of an NGC Ultra Cameo (UCAM). An Ultra Cameo coin has a spectacular mirrored background and deeply frosted images. The contrast is dramatic and highly coveted.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2018 1/10-oz Gold American Liberty Proof is 10 dollars United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin's reverse along with a majestic eagle designed by Chris Costello and sculpted by Michael Gaudioso. In addition, the reverse also features the coin's weight, purity and a distinctive "W" -- the mark of the West Point Mint.
- PHENOMENAL PACKAGING! -- Your Gold American Liberty Proof will arrive to you exactly as it left the U.S. Mint, secured inside a protective acrylic capsule and presented in a satin-lined burgundy clamshell case along with a certificate of authenticity.
Like its groundbreaking predecessor, this 2018 1/10-oz Gold American Liberty High-Relief Proof with the First Day of Issue designation and label hand-signed by John Mercanti is attracting collectors from across the country. As a perfect companion to last year's proofs or on its own as a symbol of America's cultural and manufacturing diversity, this coin is one that no collection should be without. Don't miss out on the last year of a historic design -- add this gorgeous gold vision to your cart now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue, Mercanti Signed|
|Mint Name||West Point - W, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.11 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz|