Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-W 5 Dollar Gold Eagle NGC PF70UCAM First Day Of Issue Washington DC Jones Mercanti Moy Signed 3pc
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $1,495.00 $1,450.90
$373.75 / month
Continuing a Tradition of Excellence
When the United States began issuing a gold bullion coin in 1986, the right design for the coin was clear. The iconic Saint-Gaudens, named for Augustus Sanit-Gaudens, debuted on the double eagle in 1907 and quickly won acclaim as the most beautiful design in American numismatic history. Liberty, the figure who has long represented the United States on coinage, stands powerfully in a strong breeze. With her right hand, she holds high her torch, a beacon of freedom for people throughout the world. In her left, she extends an olive branch, a symbol of the universal hope for peace. Today, these 2018-W one-tenth ounce Gold Eagle Proofs continue the rich tradition that began in 1986.
- THE LATEST IN THE AMERICAN GOLD EAGLE PROOF SERIES -- These 2018-W Gold Eagle Proofs continue a series that has been a collector favorite since it started in 1986. Its popularity stems not only from its stunning Saint-Gaudens design but also from the fact that it is backed for weight and purity by the U.S. Government.
- EXQUISITE PROOF FINISH WITH W MINT MARK – Each of these Gold Eagle coins was struck from one-tenth ounce of 91.7% fine gold at the West Point Mint. West Point is the home of the United States Military Academy and is represented by a “W” mint mark under the date on the obverse.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2018-W Gold Eagle Proof is $5 legal tender in the United States.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coins will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- SIGNED LABELS WITH WASHINGTON DC AND FDI DESIGNATIONS – The label for each of these coins bears a Washington, DC designation as well a signature from a giant of American numismatics, Elizabeth Jones, John Mercanti, or Edmund Moy. The location designation means that it was picked up at a gift shop in Washington, DC on the first day that it was issued. This is among the most exclusive – and sought after – designations in numismatics.
The beauty of Gold Eagle Proofs by itself is more than enough to make them targets for most collectors. In this case, though, the First Day of Issue and Washington, DC designations make the coins all the more exclusive. Add the fact that the labels were signed by numismatic icons and you have a piece that will be prized for decades to come. With such a low population, this coin with these extras will not be available for long, so order yours now at GovMint.
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue, Jones Signed, Mercanti Signed, Moy Signed|
|Mint Name||West Point - W, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz|