Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-W $50 1-oz Gold Buffalo NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue
An Enduring Design, A Collectors' Favorite – The 2018 Gold Buffalos Are Here!
Almost any time a coin is struck, concessions must be made for the sake of expediency. Such was the case with sculptor James Earle Fraser’s masterpiece, the 1913-1938 Buffalo Nickel. Featuring the now-iconic images of Native American and Black Diamond, the magnificent buffalo from New York’s Central Park Zoo that was the model for Fraser’s design, the Buffalo Nickel was – and still is – an impressive coin. But truth be told, Fraser no doubt wished it could have been better. And it was – eventually.
That’s because no concessions were made in 2006 when the U.S. Mint revived Fraser’s classic design for the first $50 Gold Buffalo coin. This is how Fraser envisioned his coin. Big, bold, beautiful, and full of life! Only a coin like this could bring out the full glory of the original design. Bursting from this large 32.69 mm coin, the images are even more dramatic struck in one ounce of pure 99.99% gold – the purest gold used to strike any U.S. coin!
What makes your pure 2018 One-Ounce Gold Buffalo coin even more spectacular is that it is struck to a shimmering Proof finish by the artisans at the U.S. Mint. The coin’s deep-mirrored surfaces framing frosted images of Fraser's Indian and Buffalo are fabulous! Each proof has the 99.99% gold guaranty of purity stamped right into its surface along with the “W” mintmark from the U.S. Mint’s branch mint at West Point, New York.
With proof mintages historically smaller than Brilliant Uncirculated mintages, these 2018 Proof Gold Buffalos could prove to be hard to find in the future. Besides risking not being able to obtain this prize for your collection, waiting only means you won't be able to experience the breathtaking beauty of this coin. Don't delay; when these sell out, they can be very difficult to locate.
- MINTED IN PURE U.S. GOLD – Each and every 2018-W $50 One-Ounce Gold Buffalo Proof is struck in 99.99% fine 24-karat U.S. Gold! This is the purest modern U.S. gold coin struck by the U.S. Mint.
- ALLURING AND HISTORIC DESIGN – The obverse features a Native American bust and the reverse features a standing Bison. Both designs were taken from the timeless classic design of the Buffalo Nickel designed by James Earle Fraser. These iconic images have been alluring to coin collectors for over 100 years! Instead of just gold, you will hold a true work of historic American artistry in your hands!
- BU VERSUS PROOF MINTAGE COMPARISON – The U.S. Mint strikes the $50 Gold Buffalo in both Brilliant Uncirculated and Proof versions every year. However, the total proof mintage pales in comparison to the mintage of the BU with nearly FOUR TIMES as many BU coins struck than Proofs!
- WEST POINT MINT – Each coin is struck at the West Point Mint and features a “W” mintmark on the reverse.
- GRADED IN FLAWLESS CONDITION – Your coin will be graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your One-Ounce Gold Buffalo to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
These American Buffalo Gold Bullion Coins are not sold directly to the general public – you can purchase them only through a U.S. Mint-authorized buyer like GovMint.com. And, due to both their high purity and numismatic value, Gold Buffalos experience consistently high demand from both investors and collectors. With history as our guide, we see our supply of 2018 Gold Buffalos selling out quickly. Don't wait – secure this 2018 American Buffalo Gold Proof Coin for your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||31.101 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|