Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P $1 Silver Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative NGC PF70 w/ASF Label & Bobko Signature “One of 400”
U.S. Mint’s Apollo 11 Silver Dollar Gets Seal of Approval from NASA Astronauts
When American astronaut Neil Armstrong planted his feet firmly on the surface of the moon on July 20, 1969, it sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos that humanity had finally reached the heavens, and the United States led the way! For many Americans, it was a moment to swell with pride. And, for a select few, it inspired them to follow in Armstrong’s footsteps to become astronauts and blaze their own trail through space.
Now, to pay tribute to both the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing and the people inspired by it, we’ve partnered with a select group of NASA Space Shuttle astronauts for a special program featuring the U.S. Mint’s incredibly popular 2019-Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar. Special because each commemorative silver dollar in this program comes encapsulated with a label personally signed by one of the astronauts!
In this offer, you will receive a 2019-Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar that has been encapsulated with a label signed by Karol “Bo” Bobko, the pilot of the 1983 maiden flight of the Space Shuttle Challenger. Bobko was also on board the first flight of the Space Shuttle Atlantis as the commander in 1985 and has logged 386 hours in space.
Your coin will come displayed in a protective holder with a distinctive black display core. In addition, the label signed by Bobko is an exclusive Astronaut Scholarship Foundation (ASF) label. It is just One of 400 Apollo 11 commemorative silver dollars personally hand signed by Bobko for this program.
ABOUT THE COIN: In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative silver dollar. Not just any silver dollar, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to the historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Neil Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin.
The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 38.1 mm in diameter, the coin perfectly reveals every nuance of the intricate details. Struck in 26.73 grams of highly-pure 99.9% silver, your silver dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
Just 400,000 of these special coins will ever be struck – and only a fraction will come encapsulated with a signature of an astronaut who has flown in space. Don’t miss being part of this inspiring program – it’s not hyperbole to say that it’s truly out of this world!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Buzz Aldrin’s famous photograph of Armstrong standing next to the American flag and lunar lander on the reverse.
- UNIQUE CURVED DESIGN – The unique design of this coin mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet. It represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in 26.73 grams ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are $1 legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- SIGNED BY AN AMERICAN HERO – Each coin comes encapsulated with an exclusive Astronaut Scholarship Foundation label signed by NASA Space Shuttle astronaut Karol “Bo” Bobko, who has logged more than 385 hours in space. The label will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting the release of the Apollo 11 commemorative silver dollar to a combination of just 400,000 proof and uncirculated coins.
Don’t let this inspiring combination of history and heroism escape your orbit. Click this coin to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|