Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 1-oz Silver James Monroe Presidential Medal NGC MS70 First Releases
Honor America’s Fifth President with This Presidential Silver Medal
The U.S. Mint has done it again! Fresh off the success of its Presidential Bronze Medal Series, it has introduced the Presidential Silver Medal Series. While it’s no surprise that the series will release the medals in order of when the presidents served, what IS a surprise is that the Mint used the same one-ounce planchets of 99.9% fine silver that are used for the American Silver Eagles! At 40.6 mm in diameter, these big silver medals will look great in any collection!
Now you can get the fifth release in the series – the James Monroe Presidential One-Ounce Silver Medal. Known for issuing the Monroe Doctrine, a policy that warned the great powers of Europe that further colonization of the America’s represented a threat to the United Sates, Monroe was the last Founding Father to serve as President and is recognized as being the last to have served in the Revolutionary War.
Besides featuring the bust of Monroe on its obverse, the medal’s reverse features an updated version of Engraver John Reich’s design for the Jefferson Peace Medal. The Peace Medal was given to Native Americans during the Lewis & Clark Expedition from 1804-1806. The Mint’s Assistant Engraver from 1807-1817, Reich had earlier designed the Thomas Jefferson Presidential Inaugural Medal in 1801. The design shows two hands clasped together – one with a military cuff the other with a Native American wristband. Above is a tomahawk and peace pipe, and above, between and below the images is the inscription "PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP.”
Authorized by Congress, the commemorative Presidential Medals are meant to celebrate and honor the men who were instrumental in forming the foundation of the United States of America. Each medal is designed and crafted to be rich in symbolic history representing the remembrance and preservation of our American past and the never-ending goal for a brighter future. Beginning in 2019, the Mint began releasing four silver Presidential Medals each year until all the presidents are represented.
Your James Monroe Presidential One-Ounce Silver Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded medal will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! Your medal will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) medal by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Collectors seek out these types of releases because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of medals labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage.
With a popular theme and high silver content, the Presidential Silver Medal Series is already captivating coin collectors, history buffs and silver stackers. Don’t miss out; add the James Monroe Presidential One-Ounce Silver Medal to your cart today!
- FIFTH RELEASE IN U.S. MINT’S PRESIDENTIAL SILVER MEDAL SERIES – The James Monroe Presidential Silver Medal is the fifth release in the U.S. Mint’s new Presidential Silver Medal Series. It features the year date of 1817 – the year Monroe was inaugurated. The Mint is releasing four medals every year until all the Presidents are represented.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS OF PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP – Besides featuring the bust of President James Monroe on its obverse, the medal’s reverse features an updated version of Engraver John Reich’s design for the Jefferson Peace Medal. The Peace Medal was given to Native Americans during the Lewis & Clark Expedition from 1804-1806. The Mint’s Assistant Engraver from 1807-1817, Reich had earlier designed the Thomas Jefferson Presidential Inaugural Medal in 1801.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These James Monroe Presidential Silver Medals have been struck in one ounce of 99.9% silver.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your James Monroe Presidential One-Ounce Silver Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition!
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your medal will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) medal by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
Start or add to your collection of Presidential Silver Medals today with the Joh Adams Presidential One-Ounce Silver Medal!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|