Presidential Silver Medal Honors John Quincy Adams
The U.S. Mint has done it again! Fresh off the success of its Presidential Bronze Medal Series, it has introduced the Presidential Silver Medal Series. While it’s no surprise that the series will release the medals in order of when the presidents served, what IS a surprise is that the Mint used the same one-ounce planchets of 99.9% fine silver that are used for the American Silver Eagles! At 40.6 mm in diameter, these big silver medals will look great in any collection!
Now you can get the sixth release in the series – the John Quincy Adams Presidential Silver Medal. The son of President John Adams, John Quincy Adams accompanied his father on many of his official diplomatic duties. Today, he is regarded as one of the most effective diplomats to serve the nation. As president, Adams was the first major political figure to take an anti-slavery stance, predicting that the institution of slavery would divide the country.
Besides featuring the bust of Adams on its obverse, the medal’s reverse features an updated version of Engraver John Reich’s design for the Jefferson Peace Medal. The Peace Medal was given to Native Americans during the Lewis & Clark Expedition from 1804-1806. The Mint’s Assistant Engraver from 1807-1817, Reich had earlier designed the Thomas Jefferson Presidential Inaugural Medal in 1801. The design shows two hands clasped together – one with a military cuff the other with a Native American wristband. Above is a tomahawk and peace pipe, and above, between and below the images is the inscription "PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP.”
Authorized by Congress, the commemorative Presidential Medals are meant to celebrate and honor the men who were instrumental in forming the foundation of the United States of America. Each medal is designed and crafted to be rich in symbolic history representing the remembrance and preservation of our American past and the never-ending goal for a brighter future. The first two medals in the program were introduced in 2018. Since then, the Mint will release four Presidential Silver Medals each year until each president has been represented.
Your 2019 One-Ounce Silver John Quincy Adams Presidential Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded medal will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that your Presidential Silver Medal is a First Day of Issue (FDI) piece, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these pieces because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of pieces labeled First Day of Issue is only a fraction of the total mintage.
With a popular theme and high silver content, the Presidential Silver Medal Series is already captivating coin collectors, history buffs and silver stackers. Don’t miss out; add the John Quincy Adams Presidential Medal to your cart today!
- SIXTH RELEASE IN U.S. MINT’S PRESIDENTIAL SILVER MEDAL SERIES – The John Quincy Adams Presidential Medal is the sixth release in the U.S. Mint’s Presidential Silver Medal Series. It features the year date of 1825 – the year Adams was inaugurated.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS OF PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP – Besides featuring the bust of President John Quincy Adams on its obverse, the medal’s reverse features an updated version of Engraver John Reich’s design for the Jefferson Peace Medal. The Peace Medal was given to Native Americans during the Lewis & Clark Expedition from 1804-1806. The Mint’s Assistant Engraver from 1807-1817, Reich had earlier designed the Thomas Jefferson Presidential Inaugural Medal in 1801.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These John Adams Presidential Silver Medals have been struck in one ounce of 99.9% silver and measures 1.6 inches in diameter.
- PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Silver John Quincy Adams Presidential Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Presidential Silver Medal is a First Day of Issue (FDI) piece, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
Start or add to your collection of Presidential Silver Medals today with the 2019 One-Ounce Silver John Quincy Adams Presidential Medal!