Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 $20 2-oz Silver Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo High Relief Proof NGC PF69UC - Black Core
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $169.00 $164.01
$84.50 / month
Final Release in New 2019 “Big Five” Series Features the Unpredictable Cape Buffalo
Africa. The very mention of the word conjures up images of green jungles, expansive savannahs and, of course, some of the most exotic animals found anywhere on earth. Among those animals are the so-called “Big Five,” a term originally used to describe the five most dangerous animals to hunt on foot. They are the elephant, lion, rhino, leopard and the buffalo – now considered to be the “must see” animals of the continent. For coin collectors, they’re also part of a new “must-have” series of coins being produced in 2019 by the world-renowned British Pobjoy Mint.
The fifth and final coin in the new “Big Five” series is this agile and unpredictable Cape Buffalo struck in two ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver. Issued on behalf of Sierra Leone, these new coins are produced in magnificent high relief to showcase the visage of the only bovine creature native to Africa. Though this cow-like description may seem to ascribe them harmless qualities, Cape Buffaloes are actually known to kill more hunters in Africa than any other wildlife animal. Many a tale has been shared over campfires about how hunters have been ambushed by ornery old buffalo bulls during safari expeditions. No wonder they’ve been nicknamed Black Death by native tribesmen! The design of this amazing coin features the head of a Cape Buffalo styled as though it were an African mask. The coin’s special incused rim continues that theme with an African pattern. The obverse shows the Sierra Leone Coat of Arms.
Struck in gleaming proof condition, your 2019 Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation in nearly flawless Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, it will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
Just 500 of these legal-tender proofs will ever be struck for worldwide release, which means if you want to bag one of these coins, you had better do it sooner than later before they disappear forever. Don’t miss out, secure your 2019 Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof today!
- FINAL RELEASE IN 2019 BIG 5 AFRICAN ANIMAL SERIES – This coin has been produced in stunning high relief and features the head of a Buffalo styled as though it were an African mask. The coin’s special incused rim continues that theme with an African pattern. The obverse shows the Sierra Leone Coat of Arms. This is the fifth and final release of a five-coin “Big Five” series released in 2019.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo High Relief Proof was struck by the British Pobjoy Mint in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COIN – These 2019 Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Proofs are $20 legal tender in the Republic of Sierra Leone.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this release has been set at only 500.
Bag the latest coin in Africa’s “Big Five” series of animals with the 2019 Sierra Leone Big 5 Buffalo Two-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof. Click one to your cart today because these coins will go fast!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|