Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 5-oz Silver Quarter America the Beautiful American Memorial Park NGC MS69 DPL First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $154.95 $150.38
$77.48 / month
Mariana Islands America the Beautiful Quarter Pays Tribute to Heroes of WWII
One of the most vicious battles of World War II was fought on the South Pacific island of Saipan. The battle began just days after the D-Day landings in Europe and lasted for nearly a month. When the smoke had cleared and Lieutenant General Holland Smith was able to claim victory for America over Japanese Imperial forces, the United States had achieved its objective of capturing the island that put mainland Japan within range of its devastating B-29 bombers. The victory was not without cost, however. Japanese Emperor Hirohito encouraged civilians to kill themselves rather than be captured by Americans, and thousands jumped to their deaths from atop such places as “Suicide Cliff” and “Banzai Cliff.”
Located in the Northern Mariana Islands, a U.S. commonwealth, Saipan today is home to American Memorial Park, a living memorial dedicated to American and Marianas people who gave their lives during World War II. Now, this second issue of 2019 in the America the Beautiful series celebrates the area with this five-ounce silver American Memorial Park coin.
The America the Beautiful series has proven extremely popular since it began back in 2010. For those who have been collecting from the start, each release has provided a new and exciting way to discover and appreciate all that America has to offer. And the best way to collect these designs is as a whopping five-ounce, 90% silver coin! Measuring an incredible 76.2 mm in diameter, it’s nearly twice the size of an American Silver Eagle!
What’s more, the coins in this offer have all been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 Deep Proof-Like (MS69 DPL) condition, a distinction that means these almost-flawless coins showcase impressive full strikes and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In fact, even though they weren’t struck as a proof coins, their brilliant and reflective finishes have earned them a “Proof-Like” designation from NGC. In addition, NGC has graded these 2019 American Memorial Park Five-Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coins to be First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release.
The American Memorial Park in the Northern Mariana Islands is a perfect example of a coin that presents collectors with a scene of America’s history that would likely be overlooked otherwise. It depicts a native woman standing before the flags at the park, her hand resting reverently on one of the granite plaques inscribed with the names of the people who sacrificed their lives during the Marianas campaign.
Although the America the Beautiful collection is considered bullion, its five releases every year mean that each new release is available for only so long, so add this near-perfect Mint State-69 First Releases 2019 American Memorial Park Five Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coin to your collection before it’s too late!
- THE LATEST IN THE “AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL” SERIES – This 2019 Five Ounce American Memorial Park coin is the second issue of 2019 and the 47th overall in the America the Beautiful series, which began in 2010.
- STUNNING NATURAL SCENERY – The design features a native girl visiting the American memorial Park on Saipan. It also displays the words “AMERICAN MEMORIAL PARK,” “N. MARIANA ISLANDS,” “2019” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- A SERIES OF FIRSTS – Each coin in the America the Beautiful series was struck at the Philadelphia Mint from 99.9% fine silver. These are the largest ever quarter coins struck, measuring three inches in diameter.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Each America the Beautiful coin is twenty-five cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 Deep Proof-Like (MS69 DPL) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In fact, even though this wasn't struck as a proof, its brilliant and reflective finish has earned it a “Proof-Like” designation from NGC
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your 2019 American Memorial Park Five-Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coin to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release.
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||155.3 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|