Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 5-oz Silver Quarter America the Beautiful Lowell National Historic Park PCGS MS69 DMPL First Strike - Mercanti Signed Label
Massachusetts America the Beautiful Quarter Pays Tribute to Industrial Revolution
In its early years, the United States of America was primarily an agrarian nation. That all changed in the 1800s when the Industrial Revolution helped shift America to an industrial economy. By the Turn of the Century, America was the world’s economic and industrial juggernaut. No area represents this era better than the Lowell National Historic Park in Lowell, Massachusetts. Established in 1978, several buildings make up the national park and a visitor center helps link the various restored and unrestored sites from the 19th century.
Now, this first issue of 2019 in the America the Beautiful series celebrates the area with this five-ounce silver Lowell National Historic Park coin that has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special label that was personally signed by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
The America the Beautiful series has proven extremely popular since it began back in 2010. For those who have been collecting from the start, each release has provided a new and exciting way to discover and appreciate all that America has to offer. And the best way to collect these designs is as a whopping five-ounce, 90% silver coin in stunning Mint State-69 Deep Proof-Like condition! Measuring an incredible 76.2 mm in diameter, it’s nearly twice the size of an American Silver Eagle!
The Lowell National Historic Park in Massachusetts is a perfect example of a coin that presents collectors with a scene of America’s history that would likely be overlooked otherwise. It features a depiction of one of Lowell’s “Mill Girls” – young women who were recruited to work in the mills and who lived in supervised, company-owned boarding houses. These women would go on to become one of the first voices for labor by advocating for better working conditions.
Although the America the Beautiful collection is considered bullion, its five releases every year mean that each new release is only available for so long, so add this near-perfect Mint State-69 First Strike 2019 Lowell National Historic Park Five Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coin to your collection before it’s too late!
- THE LATEST IN THE "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL" SERIES – This 2019 Five Ounce Lowell National Historic Park coin is the first issue of 2019 and the 46th overall in the America the Beautiful series, which began in 2010.
- STUNNING NATURAL SCENERY – The design features a Lowell Mill Girl working at a power loom. It also displays the words “"LOWELL," "MASSACHUSETTS," "2019" and "E PLURIBUS UNUM."
- A SERIES OF FIRSTS – Each coin in the America the Beautiful series was struck at the Philadelphia Mint from 99.9% fine silver. These are the largest ever quarter coins struck, measuring three inches in diameter.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Each America the Beautiful coin is twenty-five cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 Deep Mirror Proof-Like (MS69 DMPL) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series! In fact, even though this wasn't struck as a proof, this coin's brilliant and reflective finish has earned it a "Proof-Like" designation from PCGS
- KEY FIRST STRIKE SPECIFICATION – The 2019 Lowell National Historic Park Five Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coin has also been certified as a First Strike (FS) coin by PCGS, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- PERSONALLY SIGNED BY JOHN MERCANTI – Each 2019 Lowell National Historic Park Five Ounce Silver America the Beautiful coin comes sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label that was personally signed by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Strike, Mercanti Signed|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||155.3 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|