Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary 4-Piece Set NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue - Charlie Duke Signed Labels
U.S. Mint Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of special, limited-edition curved commemorative coins – something the U.S. Mint has done onlyonebefore in its entire 226-year history! On each coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINIandAPOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coins over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Neil Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin.
Now you can get a spectacular four-piece set that includes one of every coin in the series. This fantastic set contains a clad 50-cent piece, a one-ounce silver dollar, a five-ounce silver dollar and a $5 gold coin. The silver coins come struck in 99.9% fineness. The gold coin comes in 90% fineness.
Each coin is official legal tender in the United States, and each coin offered here comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition – flawless even under magnification! In addition to a perfect grade, each coin comes certified as a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning the coins were received by NGC for grading within 24 hours of the initial mint release.
Best of all, these coins come sealed with labels bearing the hand-signed signature of astronaut Charlie Duke, who not only served as CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) for the Apollo 11 mission – meaning he was the voice of mission control for the astronauts—but he later became the youngest person to ever set foot on the lunar surface.
As a special bonus, this 4-piece set comes with a space-flown collectible. It is a genuine piece of Kapton Foil used in an Apollo mission. This material covered the command module as a heat shield during re-entry into our planet's atmosphere. To give you an idea how important this material is, just remember the concern about the heat shield from the Apollo 13 film.
Not only will you own one or more pieces from an historic curved series from the U.S. Mint – a series commemorating one of America's greatest achievements – but you'll also take home the hand-signed signature of a man who's set foot on the surface of the moon, as well as a genuine Apollo Kapton memento! Each space-flown piece comes certified by Collectibles Authentication Guaranty (CAG) as authentic and genuine in every detail. Just imagine the jaw-dropping reaction from friends and family as you show them your real Apollo material that's been to space and back!
As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Armstrong’s famous photo of Buzz in which Aldrin’s visor reflects an image of Armstrong standing beside the landing module. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are legal tender in the United States with 50¢, $1 and $5 denominations.
- STRUCK IN GORGEOUS UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – The coins in your 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Four-Piece Set have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coins will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Apollo 11 commemoratives to be First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
- SIGNED BY A MAN WHO WALKED ON THE MOON – These coins feature an exclusive label personally signed by astronaut Charles “Charlie” Duke, CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) for the landmark Apollo 11 mission.
- ACTUAL PIECES OF APOLLO-FLOWN MATERIAL – This 4-piece set comes with a genuine memento used in an Apollo mission. The memento is a piece of Kapton Foil that was used to cover the command module as a heat shield during re-entry into our planet's atmosphere.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Seven-Piece Set. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Gold, Silver, Clad|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.07 Grams - g|