Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Ascension Island 1 Crown 2-oz Silver First Man on the Moon Ultra High Relief Domed Proof NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue - Black Core, Astronaut Footprint Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $299.00 $290.18
$149.50 / month
50th Anniversary of Historic Apollo 11 Mission Honored by NASA Tracking Station Island
Aside from the fact that when Apollo 11 blasted off from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida it had to “ascend” into space, it would seem like one would have to make a “giant leap” to connect the first successful moon landing with the small, nearly uninhabited Ascension Island in the South Atlantic Ocean. But that’s where you’d be wrong. There’s actually a HUGE connection since that’s where NASA built a tracking station in support of its Apollo Program and where Neil Armstrong’s first words were received before being relayed to Mission Control!
Now, in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Ascension Island is releasing a limited-edition commemorative silver proof that pays tribute to the First Man on the Moon and the island’s role in making it happen. Struck by the world-renowned British Pobjoy Mint in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver, the legal-tender coin not only shows an image of the famous first footprint on the moon’s surface, but it does so in incredible Ultra High Relief detail against the backdrop of a domed coin that expertly replicates the lunar surface with its rough terrain and craters rising from the face of the coin.
In addition, Pobjoy received special permission from NASA to use the space agency’s famous “meatball” logo and Apollo 11 Crew Patch. The logos along with the 1 CROWN denomination are all featured on the reverse of the coin encircling an engraving of the American flag planted on the moon’s surface right smack in the center of the design.
Your 2019 Ascension Island First Man on the Moon Two-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that your proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core with an exclusive NGC label that features the famous first footprint on the moon.
Situated in the Devil’s Ashpit on Ascension Island, a volcanic and lunar-looking area that is highly conducive to receiving radio transmissions, NASA’s tracking station on the remote island is also part of a wild conspiracy theory. According to some conspiracy theorists, Neil Armstrong didn’t really set foot on the moon; he actually stepped out onto a field in the Devil’s Ashpit! Whether you believe the urban legend or not, it makes for another cool connection between the tiny island and Apollo 11, adding another collectible element to this fascinating proof. Add one of these coins to your orbit by clicking one to your cart today!
- COMMEMORATES 50th ANNIVERSARY OF FIRST MOON LANDING – This Ultra High Relief and domed coin replicates the surface of the moon and features the famous footprint left on the lunar surface along with the flag of the United States of America. It also shows the NASA and Apollo 11 Crew Patch logos. The obverse of the coin features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Ascension Island First Man on the Moon Silver Proof was struck by the British Pobjoy Mint in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COMMEMORATIVE COIN – This 2019 Ascension Island First Man on the Moon Silver Proof is 1 Crown legal tender on Ascension Island, an isolated island in the South Atlantic Ocean located half way between South America and Africa.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Ascension Island First Man on the Moon Two-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Man on the Moon proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core with an exclusive NGC label that features the famous first footprint on the moon.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Pobjoy Mint struck only 650 of these commemorative proofs for worldwide release.
Don’t delay; with only 650 of these impressive silver proofs available for worldwide release, the time is now to reserve your coin before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||Ultra-High Relief|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|