Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Dragon Bar BU
Second Year of Perth Mint’s Silver Dragon Bars
Holding a preeminent place in Chinese culture, the dragon looms large over such things as terrain, life, and energy. Some believe that he brings the waters of rain, the warmth of sunshine, water, and earth. Some even say that the mountains, valleys, rivers, buildings, and highways correlate to the creature’s head, claws, tail, veins. For centuries, even the Chinese emperors referred to themselves as “dragons.”
Now, the Perth Mint has introduced the second release in its first ever rectangular bullion coin series with the 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar. Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver, the new coin features a traditional Eastern dragon on the reverse chasing the flaming Pearl of Wisdom. The Perth Mint’s famous “P” mintmark can be seen beside the dragon while floating in the background are puffs of clouds. The coin’s weight, fineness, denomination and 2019 year date are shown on the obverse along with an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
Chinese-themed coins are among the most popular targets of countless collectors around the world. From ancient symbols to lunar animals, the coins make for convenient and affordable collections and bring with them ancient lore and tradition. It is fitting, then, that the Perth Mint decided to make the Chinese dragon the theme of its first ever rectangular coin series. Order your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar from GovMint.com today and share in the celebration of Chinese culture!
- THE LATEST RELEASE IN AUSTRALIA’S DRAGON BAR SERIES – This 2019 Australian Silver Dragon Bar is the second release in the Perth Mint’s first-ever rectangular bullion coin series.
- HONORING A KEY CREATURE FROM CHINESE CULTURE – The dragon is an extremely important figure in Chinese culture, not only appearing in multiple forms of symbolism but also appearing frequently in ceremonies and celebrations.
- FOUR NINE FINE SILVER – Each Dragon Bar was struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver at the Perth Mint, the favorite mint of countless collectors worldwide. The mint’s “P” mint mark, which has become a symbol of quality, is on the right side of the reverse.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Every 2019 Australia Silver Dragon Bar is $1 legal tender in Australia, as noted at the bottom of the obverse under Jody Clark’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- PROTECTED IN ACRYLIC COIN CAPSULES – Individual Chinese Dragon Bars come protected in acrylic coin capsules from the mint to ensure that they are undamaged.
From coins and costumes to gifts and art, the dragon’s importance in Chinese culture is visible in countless forms. Now it’s visible on this 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|
|Dimensions||47.6 x 27.6mm|