Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Emu BU
Australia’s Silver Emu Returns for a Second Year
When Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint added the Emu to its annual stable of silver bullion issues that was already home to the Kookaburra and Koala series it was met with almost instant success. Collectors were so enthused by the release that the entire mintage quickly sold out. Perhaps it should have been expected – while the Kookaburra and Koala are extremely popular among collectors, there is one thing that the Emu has over those two series: scarcity. Mintages typically run into the hundreds of thousands for the Koala and Kookaburra coins. By contrast, the first-year Silver Australian Emu coins had a mintage of just 30,000, a tiny fraction compared to the other series.
Now the second-year 2019 Silver Emu coins have arrived, and the mintage is unchanged: It’s once again set at 30,000, meaning collectors who want one may soon find themselves struggling to get one!
This design for this year’s 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu coin features a pair of emus in an Outback landscape complete with trees, rocks, bushes and a pool of water. Emus are the second tallest birds in the world and the only ones with calf muscles, allowing them to outdistance predators with strides as long as 9 feet when running at a top speed of more than 30 miles per hour. The two birds on this 99.99% pure silver coin are taking a break from running, however, so you can admire all the incredible detail in their bushy, primitive feathers.
Don’t be among those collectors who miss out on this immensely popular bullion issue. Order your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu coin from GovMint.com today!
- THE LATEST EMU BULLION COIN – This 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu coin marks the second year in the Perth Mint’s annual release of bullion coins with the iconic bird’s image. This year’s design is the work of Natasha Muhl and depicts a pair of emus in an Outback landscape.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Silver Australian Emu was struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver at the Perth Mint. The Perth Mint is among the world’s most renowned mints, and its silver, gold and platinum bullion and collectible coins are prized by collectors throughout the world.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – This coin is $1 legal tender in Australia, as noted along the rim of the obverse under the Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu coin will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although the 2019 Silver Australian Emu is technically a bullion coin, its low mintage of 30,000 pieces means that it will soon prove elusive for many collectors.
The Emu is noted for its seemingly erratic way of running in all directions. Thankfully you don’t have to race back and forth to secure one of these coins because we’ve already sourced them for you. Add one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|