Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Koala BU
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
Australia’s Adorable Koala Returns for 2019!
If you ever get the chance to see a group of Koala bears, you’ll notice that they don’t seem to be in a hurry to do anything. They slowly go about their business munching on eucalyptus leaves and perhaps pausing from time to time to commiserate with each other about the indignities foisted upon them by Qantas Airlines. One area where they DO move fast is on these coins struck by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint where the coins of its annual Koala series are among the most adorable releases to hit the market each year!
The one-year-only designs of the cute little marsupial just makes you want to grab the little critter and smother it with hugs! The new design for the 2019 Australian Koala finds our unhurried marsupial sitting on a tree branch, his head cocked to one side in an expression of curiosity as eucalyptus leaves flutter in the breeze. It almost looks like he’s smiling as he slowly prepares himself to grab some of the hanging vegetation for his lunch! Intricate details in both the foreground and background provide a perfect setting for this gorgeous mammal. The design is beautifully engraved on this impressive 40.6 mm coin struck in highly-pure 99.99% silver.
Strong collector interest in the Silver Koala series over the past decade has compelled the Perth Minty to apply a maximum mintage of just 300,000 worldwide. That “max mintage” rule went into effect in 2016 making the year’s mintage much lower than previous years. For example, the Mint released more than 450,000 coins in 2015, more than 477,000 in 2013, and more than 910,000 in 2011! Combined, the one-year-only design, silver purity, and limited edition makes these Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) beauties very attractive to coin collectors, koala lovers and silver stackers around the world.
- ADORABLE ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The one-year-only design for the 2019 Australian Koala depicts the adorable bear sitting on a eucalyptus tree branch along with the coin’s year date, weight and precious metal content. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the denomination.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – With their world-renowned attention to detail, the artisans of the Perth Mint strike each Silver One-Ounce Koala bullion coin with care, transforming planchets of 99.99% silver into gorgeous works of art!
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each Silver One-Ounce Koala bullion coin is $1 Australian legal tender.
- BEAUTIFUL BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australian Silver One-Ounce Koala bullion coin will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, exactly as it left the Perth Mint, secured in a protective acrylic capsule.
- AN UNCOMMON LIMITED MINTAGE! – It's unusual for popular bullion coins to have limited production runs. That's why this 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Koala bullion coin's mintage of 300,000 already sets it apart from the pack!
Just like its mates at the Perth Mint – the Kangaroo and the Wedge-Tailed Eagle – Koalas are a perennial hit with collectors. Add in this coin's unique design, small mintage and silver weight and you have a smash that's sure to quickly climb out of our vaults. Don't sit still on this one – order your 2019 Australian Silver One-Ounce Koala bullion coin today before someone else snatches it away!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|