Sold Out 2019 Lunar Proof Features Real Australian Opal
The Chinese Year of the Pig officially started on February 5, 2019 – or the year 4716, according to China’s traditional calendar. People born during this lunar cycle are thought to be optimistic, gentle, diligent and exhibit lots of compassion and generosity. If that’s you or someone you know, consider this fabulous Year of the Pig Silver Proof from Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint.
The latest in the Perth Mint’s annual Lunar series, this legal-tender silver dollar is struck in full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% fine silver. Its proof condition means that it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields – perfect for showcasing its intricate, attractive design centered around a pig detailed in pure Australian opal!
The Pig is the 12th sign of the Chinese Lunar calendar and occurs every 12 years, the most recent years being 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995 and 2007. Those born in a Year of the Pig include such celebrities as Nolan Ryan, Elton John, David Letterman, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Julia Andrews.
Only 5,000 of these legal-tender dollars exist, and they are completely sold out at the mint. Embrace that diligent spirit and secure yours now
- DESIGN FEATURING PURE AUSTRALIAN OPAL – The detailed image of a merry pig is made even more delightful with a splash of pure Australian opal that adds an iridescent play-of-color to the design. The design also includes intricate floral patterns and the inscription YEAR OF THE PIG, the Chinese character for “pig”, the year date, weight, metal purity and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II with rays of light bursting in the background.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Lunar Year of the Pig Opal Coin has been struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.99% fine silver
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia Lunar Year of the Pig Opal Coins are one dollar legal tender in Australia.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia Lunar Year of the Pig Opal One-Ounce Silver Coin will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The worldwide limited edition for the 2019 Australia $1 Lunar Year of the Pig Opal One-Ounce Silver Proof has been set at only 5,000 and it is completely sold out at the mint.
Celebrate the Year of the Pig with the delightful 2019 Australia $1 Lunar Year of the Pig Opal One-Ounce Silver Proof. Click it to your cart today!
PLEASE NOTE: The official government packaging this coin is shipped in contains one or more button batteries which are hazardous to young children.