Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Moon Landing Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Proof
Take A Trip to the Moon Through the Lens of Australia!
When American astronaut Neil Armstrong scrambled down the ladder outside the lunar module Eagle to become the first person to set foot on the moon, he was being watched by 600 million people back on Earth. While many people clearly remember where they were and what they were doing that day on July 20, 1969 when those first ghostly black-and-white images appeared on their television screens, few remember that the signal beamed from the moon’s surface 238,900 miles away actually went through tracking stations in Australia!
To pay tribute to the monumental milestone in human achievement as well as broadcasting it back home to Earth, Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint has issued a series of one-year-only commemorative coins. Brimming with excitement, these fantastic coins pay tribute to the 50th anniversary of NASA’s successful Apollo 11 mission that landed the first men on the moon. The design shows the lunar module resting on the moon’s surface with the iconic image of Neil Armstrong’s footprint seen in the foreground in amazingly sharp detail. Above the design are the word’s MOON LANDING 1969-2019 in a futuristic typestyle.
Each $1 legal-tender coin in this offer is struck in one full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver and comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning they were expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Just 7,500 of these incredible coins will be struck for worldwide release – a number that is far too small for the millions of coin collectors, silver stackers and fans of space & science that would like to own one of these pieces. In fact, it's been announced as being completely sold out at the mint! In addition, each coin will come in its original government packaging from the mint and accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
Don’t miss your chance to pay tribute to mankind’s greatest achievement; click Australia’s 2019 Moon Landing 50th Anniversary One-Ounce Silver Dollar to your cart today!
- COMMEMORATING HISTORIC APOLLO 11 MISSION – These fantastic commemorative coins pay tribute to the 50th anniversary of the successful Apollo 11 mission that put the first man on the moon. The design shows the lunar module resting on the moon’s surface with the iconic image of Neil Armstrong’s footprint in the foreground. Above the design are the word’s MOON LANDING 1969-2019 in a futuristic typestyle. The regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Moon Landing 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar was struck by the artisans of Australia’s Perth Mint in one ounce of highly-pure 99.998% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 2019 Australia Moon Landing 50th Anniversary One-Ounce Silver Dollars are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia Moon Landing 50th Anniversary One-Ounce Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for these coins has been set at just 7,500 – and it’s been announced as being completely sold out at the mint!
Don’t wait; let these coins make a giant leap into your collection! Reserve yours right now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|