Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Welcome Stranger Nugget NGC MS70 First Releases - Opera House Label
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
The World’s Most Famous Gold Nugget Celebrates 150 years
During the heyday of the Australian Gold Rush era of the late 1800s, old timers used to regale tenderfoots with tales about gold nuggets being so big that prospectors were known to trip over them. But these stories were not just mere hogwash conjured up around the campfire to tease novice gold seekers – some of these stories were the God’s honest truth! Take the discovery of the “Welcome Stranger” nugget: Weighing in at more than 145 pounds, it was – and still is – the world’s largest alluvial gold nugget ever found!
Now, in honor of the 150th anniversary of the famous nugget’s discovery in 1869, Australia’s award-winning Perth Mint has issued its own “nugget” – a spectacular masterpiece struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure silver! Based on actual photographs of the golden behemoth, the design on this coin shows the famous nugget in all its glory. In fact, the original nugget was so large that it had to be broken on an anvil because it was too big to fit on a bank’s scales! When the weigh-in was completed, the nugget was estimated at being worth £10,000 – the equivalent of nearly $4 million today in Australian currency.
Each 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Welcome Stranger Nugget available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded these Welcome Stranger silver commemoratives to be First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means each was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Each will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
Just 30,000 of these beautiful legal-tender coins will ever be released – a number much too low for the hordes of collectors and silver stackers who would like to stumble upon this superb coin and its tribute to the original jaw-dropping nugget. Add this coin to your cart today – no digging required!
- 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF FAMOUS GOLD NUGGET – This coin pays tribute to the 150th Anniversary of the discovery of the “Welcome Stranger” gold nugget unearthed during the Australian Gold Rush. It features a design of the nugget on the reverse and a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Welcome Stranger Nugget was struck by the Perth Mint in one ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Welcome Stranger Nugget commemorative coins are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Welcome Stranger Nugget has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Welcome Stranger silver commemorative to be a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The edition limit for this special commemorative coin has been set at just 30,000.
Discover the thrill of silver with the 2019 Australia $1 One-Ounce Silver Welcome Stranger Nugget. Quantities are limited so order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Releases|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|