Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $10 10-oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix NGC MS70 One of First 98 Struck w/Black Core & Sydney Opera House Label
Add a Time-Honored Symbol of Harmony to Your Collection
Within the Chinese culture, two symbolic beasts rise above all others: the dragon and the phoenix. Seen as two parts of a whole, these celestial creatures have united in a symbol of harmony that dates back centuries. The dragon, a symbol of power and good fortune, was frequently used as a symbol for the Chinese emperor. The phoenix, on the other hand, represents beauty and luck – ideas associated with the empress. Together, the dragon and phoenix are symbolic of yin and yang, circling each other in an endless collaborative quest for the flaming pearl of enlightenment and wisdom.
These two creatures are ascending to new heights on a series of exquisite coins thanks to the master artisans at Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint! Measuring 75.6 mm in diameter – nearly twice the size of a regular silver dollar – these massive coins are struck in ten full ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver. Plus, each 2019 Silver Dragon & Phoenix Ten-Ounce Silver Coin in this offer comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- In addition, NGC has also certified your coin to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) release, meaning that it was struck on the first day that the mint began striking it. In fact, NGC has specifically certified that your coin is “One of First 98 Struck,” meaning that it is the best of the best and was produced with brand new dies and has much sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those struck later!
Each legal-tender coin available in this offer will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive Sydney Opera House label. Another interesting highlight of this coin is that is features a new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II by Royal Mint Engraver Jody Clark. Her Majesty is depicted wearing the Royal Diamond Diadem she wore for her coronation.
The Perth Mint has set a strict maximum worldwide edition limited for the 2019 Dragon & Phoenix Ten-Ounce Silver Coin at just 888 – an extremely auspicious number since the number “8” is the luckiest number in Chinese culture. And with only a small fraction of that mintage certified as being among the first 98 struck, you’ll be able to count yourself among the lucky ones if you’re fortunate enough to slip this colossal silver coin into your collection.
- CLASSIC DESIGN OF HARMONY – The design of this fabulous coin features a dragon and phoenix in perpetual harmony circling each other in an endless collaborative quest for the flaming pearl of enlightenment and wisdom. The coin’s obverse features a new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II by Royal Mint Engraver Jody Clark.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Dragon & Phoenix Silver Coin is struck in ten ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN AUSTRALIA – These 2019 Dragon & Phoenix Ten-Ounce Silver Coins are $10 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Dragon & Phoenix Ten-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your coin is “One of First 98 Struck.” It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – The Perth Mint has set a strict maximum worldwide edition limited for the 2019 Dragon & Phoenix Ten-Ounce Silver Coin at just 888 coins.
With only 98 of these specially certified coins available in the world, the time to act is now if you want to be among the elite few who can display this piece in their collections. Oder yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||311.03 Grams -g|
|Weight||10 Ounces - oz|