Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $100 1-oz Gold Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof
Mercanti-Perth Mint Partnership Returns for the 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Gold Proof
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. It was the first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint to create a legal-tender coin. Since then, Mercanti's skill in design and engraving combined with the Perth Mint's exceptional production quality has given flight to what has since become a beloved series the world over.
The Mercanti-Perth Mint partnership continues in 2019 with the release of a new one-year-only design that is sure to have particular appeal to collectors. For this year’s design, Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint, has given us a portrait of an eagle in flight descending against a backdrop of sun rays, its talons extended as if closing in on its prey. Struck in fantastic high relief in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% gold, it’s a magnificent design that celebrates Australia's largest bird of prey – a design that could have originated only from the brilliant talents of John Mercanti!
Your 2019 One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields! With a mintage of only 500 one-ounce gold high relief proofs, you will need act fast to capture your 2019 One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle. Since taking flight, this series has been immensely popular, so order yours now because these Eagles may not be around for long. Click one to your cart today!
- MAGNIFICENT ONE YEAR ONLY DESIGN – 2019 marks just the second year in the six-year-old series to feature a one-year-only design. For this year’s edition, former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti has given us a portrait of an eagle in flight descending against a backdrop of sun rays, its talons extended as if closing in on its prey. A regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE GOLD– Each 2019 Wedge-tailed Eagle coin was struck in stunning high relief from one ounce of highly-pure 99.99% gold at the Perth Mint, which is represented by a "P" mint mark on the left side of the reverse. The Perth Mint is revered by collectors throughout the world for the consistent, outstanding quality of its coins.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle is one hundred dollars legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although this series has become a favorite among collectors, this mintage will consist of only 500 one-ounce gold proofs.
The release of the 2019 One-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle is a major numismatic event, one that collectors, gold stackers and fans of John Mercanti’s work will all be vying to secure. Don’t miss your chance to acquire this fabulous coin. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|