Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $15 1/10-oz Gold Lunar Year of the Pig Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $222.00 $215.45
$111.00 / month
Collectors are Going Hog Wild for Australia’s Year of the Pig Gold Proofs!
Considered to be the fifth most intelligent animal in the world – even smarter than dogs – pigs are actually capable of playing video games with more focus and success than chimpanzees! Sure, this may sound like we’re describing your average basement-dwelling teenager, but there’s no doubt that the Gold Lunar Year of the Pig Proofs from Australia we’re making available here prove that the pig is among the world’s most popular animals
This highly-pure 99.99% gold proof from Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint will have you squealing with delight. The coin features a one-year-only design that pays tribute to 2019 being the Chinese Lunar Calendar’s Year of the Pig. The design shows a domesticated pig prancing amid rocks and foliage, its snout held high in delight. It’s so detailed you can even see the markings covering its little porcine body. The design is completed with engravings of “Year of the Pig,” the Chinese character for pig, and the Perth Mint’s “P” mint mark. It’s a fitting design for both the lunar year and because of the increasing worldwide popularity of domesticated pigs.
This exquisite tenth-ounce gold proof bears a legal-tender denomination of $15. In addition, your 2019 Australia Lunar Year of the Pig Tenth-Ounce Gold Proof comes beautifully displayed in an official red-and-black presentation case packaged inside an illustrated outer shipper from the Perth Mint and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
This is the perfect time to start or complete you collection of Lunar-themed coins from Australia’s Perth Mint. The coin also makes a perfect gift for anyone born during the Year of the Pig. But with an issue limit of only 4,000 proofs, there are far too few to go around. Act now to secure your proof!
- THE LATEST IN A POPUALR INTERNATIONAL SERIES – The Perth Mint’s 2019 Year of the Pig coins are the 12th and final issue of its second Lunar Series. A contended pig is depicted on the reverse along with the Chinese symbol for “pig” and the inscription “Year of the Pig” and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD -- The artisans at the Perth Mint are internationally known for their expertise, and this beautifully struck proof is a perfect example of their craft! Weighing in at 1/10th ounce of highly-pure 99.99% fine gold, this proof is the product of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes, resulting in sharp, frosted details that float over mirror-like fields!
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER -- Your 2019 Australia Lunar Year of the Pig Tenth-Ounce Gold Proof is $15 Australia legal tender, a fact reflected on the coin's obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- PHENOMENAL PERTH MINT PACKAGING -- Your 2019 Australia Lunar Year of the Pig Tenth-Ounce Gold Proof will come encased in its original Perth Mint-branded packaging, accompanied with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- AN EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE – The Perth Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for the tenth-ounce gold proof at just 4,000 – an extremely small number for such a popular and eagerly anticipated annual release!
With a limited mintage of just 4,000 proofs, there are far too few of these wonderful coins to go around for both coin collectors and pig fanciers. Don’t sit and let other collectors hog all of these coins later, get yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.11 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz|