Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $2 2-oz Silver Double Dragon High Relief Proof NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue - Black Core, Opera House Label
Double Your Luck with Australia’s Newest Dragon Coin
Unlike the malevolent Western dragons that used to roam Europe kidnapping fair maidens, battling brave knights, and laying waste to entire villages; the Chinese or Eastern dragon was – and still is – a sign of wealth and good fortune. The emperors of China believed they were descendants of a dragon and regarded the creature as a symbol of power and royal dignity. Supremely intelligent, Chinese dragons are always in the pursuit of knowledge as represented by a flaming pearl of wisdom.
Thanks to Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint, you, too, can hold the flaming pearl of wisdom in your hand along with a pair of dragons with this intricately designed coin stuck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver. The two dragons on this engaging legal-tender coin curve around the rim in a perpetual quest for the knowledge brought forth by the pearl. Struck in incredible high relief, the detail is so exquisite that you can see every scale on their long slender bodies.
Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, your coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and encapsulated with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
Finally, NGC has graded your Silver Double Dragon to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Just 300 coins of the entire 1,500-piece mintage have been certified this way by NGC.
Besides being the bearer of good news, Chinese dragons differ from their Western counterparts in other ways. According to Chinese folklore, a dragon is the combination of nine animals. It has the eyes of a lobster, horns of deer, mouth of an ox, nose of a canine, whiskers of catfish, mane of a lion, tail of a snake, scales of a fish and claws of an eagle. And even though they don’t have wings like the fire-breathing terrors that blazed a path of destruction across medieval Europe, Chinese dragons can still fly across the sky where they use their mysterious powers to control the weather, wind and rain.
With its dragon theme and limited edition, you can bet collectors in the Asian markets will try to grab as many of these coins as they can. Don’t get left high and dry; secure one – or several—of these magnificent 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Double Dragon Coins today!
- AUSPICIOUS DOUBLE DRAGON DESIGN – This coin features not one, but TWO dragons circling the Pearl of Wisdom. In Chinese culture the dragon is a symbol of luck and power. Two dragons are even more auspicious. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- HIGH RELIEF STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Double Dragon was struck in exquisite high relief by the artisans at The Perth Mint in one full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN AUSTRALIA – These 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Double Dragon coins are $2 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Double Dragon has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Silver Double Dragon to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
- EXCLUSIVE AUSTRALIAN-THEMED LABEL – Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and encapsulated with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The maximum worldwide edition limit for this proof coin has been set at just 1,500 – and just 300 of those have been certified as FDI coins by NGC!
Fans of Australia’s 2017 & 2018 Phoenix and Dragon coins are sure to love this latest release from the Perth Mint. Double your luck with the 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Double Dragon High Relief Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|