Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $2 2-oz Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Piedfort NGC MS70 First Day of Issue - Opera House Label
The Reptilian Bond Between Mother & Child
In July of 2018, a massive crocodile nicknamed “Salty” was captured by Australian parks and wildlife rangers. The beast was more than 15 feet long and weighed over 1,300 pounds. The capture of this monster capable of blocking two lanes of traffic got the artisans at Australia’s prestigious Perth Mint thinking. The result of their brainstorming session is this massive double-thick silver Piedfort coin that shows the softer side of the awesome fear-inspiring reptile.
Struck in two full ounces of 99.99% pure silver, this 2019-dated legal-tender coin features a one-year-only design of a mother crocodile ferrying a newborn hatchling across a fetid watering hole somewhere in the Outback. The great lizard’s eyes barely peep above the surface of the water while the baby croc rides piggy back with an open-mouthed expression of joy. It’s an incredible image because while crocs have the strongest bite of any animal in the world, female crocodiles can be remarkably gentle. In fact, they’ve been observed carrying up to 15 hatchlings in their mouths at one time. Talk about a death-defying trip that no crocodile hunter in his right mind would ever consider making!
Your 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your Silver Crocodile to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
With just 75,000 of these Two-Ounce Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Coins struck for worldwide release, the demand could very well exceed supply! Add one – or several – to your cart today!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY CROCODILE DESIGN – The one-year-only design of this coin reflects the dangerous-yet-beautiful nature of Australia with an image of a crocodile partially submerged carrying a hatchling on its back. Radial lines and the Perth Mint’s famous “P” mintmark complete the design. Queen Elizabeth II is featured on the coin’s obverse.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Coin was struck in two full ounces of 99.99% pure silver as a double-thick Piedfort coin.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Coins are $2 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Silver Crocodile to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE RELEASE – The maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2019 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Mother & Baby Crocodile Coin has been set at just 75,000.
Crocodile fans, coin collectors and silver stackers alike are sure to make these coins one of our most popular sellers. And with just 75,000 struck for worldwide release, the demand is sure to exceed supply! And one – or several – to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|