Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia 30 Dollar Kilo Silver Koala BU
Australia’s Adorable Koala Returns for 2019 on a Silver Kilo Coin!
If you ever get the chance to see a group of Koala bears, you’ll notice that they don’t seem to be in a hurry to do anything. They slowly go about their business munching on eucalyptus leaves and perhaps pausing from time to time to commiserate with each other about the indignities foisted upon them by Qantas Airlines. One area where they DO move fast is on these coins struck by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint where the coins of its annual Koala series are among the most adorable releases to hit the market each year!
The one-year-only designs of the cute little marsupial just makes you want to grab the little critter and smother it with hugs! And now you can with this massive silver kilo release. At nearly four inches in diameter and weighing more than two pounds, there’s nothing lightweight about this gigantic legal-tender coin! The one-year-only design for the 2019 Australian Koala finds our unhurried marsupial sitting on a tree branch, his head cocked to one side in an expression of curiosity as eucalyptus leaves flutter in the breeze. It almost looks like he’s smiling as he slowly prepares himself to grab some of the hanging vegetation for his lunch! Intricate details in both the foreground and background provide a perfect setting for this gorgeous mammal. The design is engraved on this large 100.6 mm coin struck in highly-pure 99.99% silver.
Australia’s prestigious Perth Mint will strike these amazing coins only until the end of 2019, at which time they will stop striking them and announce the final mintage. Typically the mintage falls somewhere between 20,000 and 50,000 making these Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) beauties very attractive to coin collectors, koala lovers and silver stackers around the world.
- ADORABLE ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The one-year-only design for the 2019 Australian Koala depicts the adorable bear sitting on a eucalyptus tree branch along with the coin’s year date, weight and precious metal content. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the denomination.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – With their world-renowned attention to detail, the artisans of the Perth Mint strike each Silver Kilo Koala bullion coin with care, transforming planchets of 99.99% silver into gorgeous works of art!
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each Silver Kilo Koala bullion coin is $30 Australian legal tender.
- BEAUTIFUL BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australian Silver Kilo Koala bullion coin will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, exactly as it left the Perth Mint, secured in a protective acrylic capsule.
- AN UNCOMMON LIMITED MINTAGE! – It's unusual for popular bullion coins to have limited production runs. The 2019 Silver Kilo Koala bullion coin's mintage will not be set until the end of 2019 when the Perth Mint suspends striking these coins forever. Typically, the mintage falls somewhere between just 20,000 and 50,000 kilo coins.
Just like its mates at the Perth Mint – the Kangaroo and the Wedge-Tailed Eagle – Koalas are a perennial hit with collectors. Add in this coin's unique design, small mintage and silver weight and you have a smash that's sure to quickly climb out of our vaults. Don't sit still on this one – order your 2019 Australian Silver Kilo Koala bullion coin today before someone else snatches it away!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||1000 Grams - g|
|Weight||32 Ounces - oz|