Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia Silver Lunar Year of the Pig 3-Piece Proof Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $230.00 $223.22
$115.00 / month
Collectors are Going Hog Wild for Australia’s Year of the Pig Silver Proofs!
Considered to be the fifth most intelligent animal in the world – even smarter than dogs – pigs are actually capable of playing video games with more focus and success than chimpanzees! Sure, this may sound like we’re describing your average basement-dwelling teenager, but there’s no doubt that the Silver Lunar Year of the Pig Proofs from Australia we’re making available here prove that the pig is among the world’s most popular animals.
This three-piece collection of highly-pure 99.99% silver proofs from Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint will have you squealing with delight. The set’s coins feature a one-year-only design that pays tribute to 2019 being the Chinese Lunar Calendar’s Year of the Pig. The design shows a contented mama pig surrounded by four adorable little piglets scampering about her legs. The design is completed with engravings of “Year of the Pig,” the Chinese character for pig, and the Perth Mint’s “P” mint mark. It’s a fitting design for both the lunar year and because of the increasing worldwide popularity of domesticated pigs.
The three exquisite proof coins in your set are a half-ounce 50-cent piece, a one-ounce dollar coin and a two-ounce two dollar coin. Each is legal tender in Australia, and the entire three-piece collection comes beautifully displayed in an official red-and-black presentation case packaged inside an illustrated outer shipper from the Perth Mint.
This is the perfect time to start or complete you collection of Lunar-themed coins from Australia’s Perth Mint. The coins also make a perfect gift for anyone born during the Year of the Pig. But with only 1,000 sets for worldwide release, there are far too few to go around. Act now to secure your proofs!
- THE LATEST IN A POPUALR INTERNATIONAL SERIES – The Perth Mint’s 2019 Year of the Pig coins are the 12th and final issue of its second Lunar Series. A family of contended pigs is depicted on the reverse along with the Chinese symbol for “pig” and the inscription “Year of the Pig” and the Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- THREE PROOFS, THREE WEIGHTS OF HIGHLY PURE SILVER -- The artisans at the Perth Mint are internationally known for their expertise, and these beautifully struck proofs are a perfect example of their craft! Weighing in at two, one and 1/2 ounces of highly-pure 99.99% fine silver, these proofs are the product of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes, resulting in sharp, frosted details that float over mirror-like fields!
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER -- Your three 2019 Silver Lunar Year of the Pig Proofs are two dollar (2-oz) one dollar (1-oz) and 50 cents (1/2-oz) Australia legal tender, a fact reflected on each coin's obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- PHENOMENAL PERTH MINT PACKAGING -- Your 2019 Australia Silver Lunar Year of the Pig Three-Piece Proof Set will come encased in its original Perth Mint-branded packaging, accompanied with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- AN EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE – The Perth Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for these sets at just 1,000 – an extremely small number for such a popular and eagerly anticipated annual release!
With a limited mintage of just 1,000 sets, there are far too few of these wonderful coins to go around for both coin collectors and pig fanciers. Don’t sit and let other collectors hog all of these sets later, get yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Denomination||0.50, 1.00, 2.00, Varies|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||15.55 Grams - g, 31.07 Grams - g, 31.107 Grams - g , 62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz, 1 Ounce - oz, 2 Ounces - oz|
|Dimensions||36.6mm, 45.6mm, 55mm, Various|