Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia Tiger and Dragon 1-oz Silver NGC PF70UC First Releases Opera House Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $199.00 $193.13
$99.50 / month
Capture the Balance and Beauty of Australia’s Tiger-and-Dragon Silver Proof
Collectibles depicting the real and mythical creatures of the Chinese lunar calendar have captivated people for centuries. No group has fallen more under the hypnotic spell of these symbolic creatures than coin collectors, who each year eagerly acquire coins and medals bearing the likenesses of these entities. In 2019, Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint issued a coin that contains the two most important and revered icons of the Chinese mythology – the Tiger and Dragon!
Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% silver, the legal tender proof coin pays tribute to the Tiger and Dragon on a gleaming one-dollar coin bursting with symbolism. The 2019 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Proof not only portrays the tiger and dragon matched in a never-ending contest of wills, but it shows the reason for the conflict: the flaming pearl of knowledge! The detail is so remarkable that it almost seems like you’re holding a vintage Chinese bas relief carving that depicts the tiger and dragon continuously circling the flaming pearl of knowledge in a perpetual dance of symmetry.
In Chinese culture, the dragon is revered as a divine mythical creature embodying power, wealth and good fortune. Dragons are frequently depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. Like the dragon, the tiger has been held in awe for centuries. In fact, since the pattern on a tiger’s forehead is similar to the Chinese character for “king” it’s resulted in the big cat’s long-standing status as a symbol of bravery and power. The tiger and the dragon are regarded as ideal matches for one another: The tiger represents the embodiment of female or “yin” energy, and the dragon represents the male or “yang” energy.
The follow-up to the Perth Mint’s wildly successful 2018 Tiger and Dragon bullion release that had a sold-out mintage of 50,000, the 2019 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Proof is from a maximum worldwide mintage of just 2,500! In addition, your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in flawless Proof-70 (PF70UC) condition. In addition, NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon Silver Proof as being a First Releases (FR) coin! Each coin will come sonically sealed in a protective capsule with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
Devotees of Chinese culture, coin collectors and silver stackers are all sure to want a piece of this extremely limited release – and that doesn’t even include the millions of Chinese collectors eager to amass anything that pays tribute to their rich cultural heritage. Don’t be left empty-handed, reserve yours today!
- UNIQUE DESIGN WITH SYMBOLIC MEANING – The coin’s reverse depicts a dragon, a tiger and a flaming pearl. In Chinese culture, dragons are often depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. The tiger is held in deep respect and considered to be the perfect match for the dragon – together they represent symbol for yin and yang. The coin’s obverse features the Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – These Tiger and Dragon Silver Coins have been struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – Each Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin is $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Proof as being a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your proof was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the its release.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2019 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Proof has been set at just 2,500!
Don’t miss your chance to capture the balance and beauty of the 2019 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Proof. It’s available only while supplies last so add one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019, 2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|