Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Bhutan 1-oz Silver Lunar Boar NGC PF69UC
This Happy Pig is Sure Not to “Boar” You!
2019 is the Year of the Boar in the Eastern Lunar Calendar. Piggy-backing on that theme, the Kingdom of Bhutan has released a spectacular silver coin that honors the boar with a delightful design that captures all of the traits associated with the porcine celestial being.
The latest release in Bhutan’s “Happiest Lunar” coin series, the coin was struck by the prestigious Singapore Mint in a full ounce of 99.9% silver. The intricate design artistically depicts a fat-and-sassy boar exuding liveliness and vigor. His chubby little legs are rendered with large swirls and clouds to emphasize its robust features, and his little snout is shaped like a curved talisman known as a “Ruyi,” a Buddhist symbol of good fortune. The coin’s reverse features a pair of curved Eastern dragons, which is certainly auspicious as the ruler of Bhutan is referred to as the Druk Gyalpo or “Dragon King.”
Your 2019 Bhutan Lunar Boar One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. With the widespread demand in Asia for culturally significant collectibles, these superb coins are sure to be a popular item in 2019 as Year-of-the-Pig fever spreads across the continent.
As Sir Winston Churchill once explained that pigs are unique in that they are different from other domesticated animals by saying: “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” Make sure you’re equal to the challenge and grab one of these One-Ounce Silver Lunar Boar coins now
- INTRICATE DESIGN HONORS YEAR OF THE BOAR – The latest release in Bhutan’s “Happiest Lunar” coin series, the 2019 edition pays tribute to the Year of the Boar with a stylized on the obverse. The coin’s reverse features a pair of intricately design dragons in honor the ruler of Bhutan being referred to as The Dragon King.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Bhutan Lunar Boar Silver Coin is struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- BHUTANESE LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Bhutan Lunar Boar One-Ounce Silver Coins all bear a legal-tender denomination of 200 Ngultrum (Nu).
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Bhutan Lunar Boar One-Ounce Silver Coins has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (MS69) condition.
- LIMITED EDITION – Your 2019 Bhutan Lunar Boar One-Ounce Silver Coin is from a maximum worldwide limited edition of 200,000 coins.
There’s nothing “boar-ing” about this pig! Celebrate the Year of the Boar with the 2019 Bhutan Lunar Boar One-Ounce Silver Coin. Order now and it will have you squealing with delight!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Singapore Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|