Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 British Virgin Islands $1 1-oz Silver Pegasus Reverse Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $29.95 $29.07
Get Your Pegasus Silver Reverse Proof Before Our Supply Flies Away
When one thinks of mythical deities, images of gods, goddesses and angels come to mind first. But perhaps the most beautiful mythological being of them all is Pegasus – the immortal winged stallion who carried the thunderbolts of Zeus. Almost always depicted as pure white, Pegasus has appeared on coinage since ancient times, but never has this swift flying horse looked as magnificent as it does on this coin struck by the artisans of Great Britain’s world-renowned Pobjoy Mint.
The beauty of Pegasus on this coin is truly divine! Due to the overwhelming popularity of the 2018-dated Silver Pegasus Reverse Proof, Pobjoy has brought the design back for an encore in 2019 with this fabulous One-Ounce Silver Pegasus Reverse Proof issued on behalf of the British Virgin Islands. It differs from a regular proof coin in that the fields are frosted and the raised portions of the coin are mirror-like. It’s magnificent!
The stories of Pegasus and his adventures in Olympus and on earth are legendary. He was the child of the sea-god Poseidon and the once-beautiful Medusa. This union angered the goddess Athena so much that she cursed Medusa to eternal ugliness. Pegasus did not enter the world, however, until the warrior Perseus cut off Medusa’s head and Pegasus sprang forth from her neck. Pegasus later agreed to be ridden by the warrior Bellerophon in order to defeat the monster Chimera. Bellerophon later fell from Pegasus when he attempted to ride to Mount Olympus. After many other exploits, Zeus transformed Pegasus into the constellation that can be seen today in the northern sky.
Pegasus’ wing-aided swiftness and ability to fly has captured the imaginations of equestrians for centuries. It’s no surprise then that the Pobjoy Mint, Europe's largest, oldest and most prestigious private mint, is behind this stunning reverse proof.
- INCREDIBLE DETAIL AND DESIGN – The dynamic image of the majestic Pegasus rearing up in its hind legs is simply stunning. The winged mythical creature looks as if it’s going to fly right off the coin.
- STRUCK IN ONE OUNCE OF PURE SILVER – The 2019 Silver Pegasus Proof was struck in one ounce of 99.9% silver.
- REVERSE PROOF MINTED FOR FANTASTIC DETAIL – Using polished dies and hand-selected planchets, these reverse proofs are struck multiple times to produce frosted fields and mirror-like details – unlike the mirrored fields and frosted details of regular proofs.
- LEAGL TENDER IN THE BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS – Each Coin is $1 British Virgin Islands legal tender that also displays the profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the reverse.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Pegasus Proof is part of a limited mintage of only 50,000, delivered to you in gorgeous proof condition!
Collectors everywhere love reverse proof coins, and this 2019 One-Ounce Silver Pegasus Reverse Proof delivers! Don't miss out on this limited production coin – order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Country||British Virgin Islands|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|