Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 British Virgin Islands $1 8-gm Virenium® Chilean Flamingo Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $19.95 $19.36
Romance Blooms on the Pobjoy Mint’s Latest Flamingo Coin
Sometimes mistaken for its American cousin, the Chilean Flamingo is a tall social bird with thin legs, a long flexible neck and crimson highlights along the edges of its pink plumed wings. Another interesting fact about this exotic bird is its knees – well, actually, its “knees” are really its ankles and the joint bends backwards rather than forwards! To pay tribute to this beautiful creature, the British Pobjoy Mint is featuring the Chilean Flamingo in blazing color on the third coin of its series that showcases flamingos from around the world.
Featuring a romantic heart-shaped pair of adult birds with their chick standing between them in shallow water, the birds are expertly depicted in different shades of pink to create an image that perfectly reflects the beauty of the near-threatened species. The bright, brilliant colors are even more dazzling set against the exquisite light gold, brassy color of the coin. The color comes from the metal used to strike the coin, Virenium®, a proprietary metal specially developed by Pobjoy Mint that is light gold in color.
Perhaps the most famous Chilean Flamingo was a friendly chap who resided at Salt Lake City’s Tracy Aviary. Due to an oversight, the bird did not receive his routine wing clipping one year and escaped. He went on to become something of a local legend. Hailed as “Pink Floyd,” he roamed about Idaho and Montana during the spring, summer and fall, but returned to Utah each winter where he lived off the brine shrimp that inhabit the Great Salt Lake.
Released on behalf of the British Virgin Islands, this lovely coin comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Pobjoy is limiting the mintage to just 3,500 colorized proofs. Start or add to your collection today. Order one now!
- THIRD RELEASE IN FLAMINGO SERIES – These Chilean Flamingo coins are the third release in a series of coins that pay tribute to the elegant and exotic beauty of the world’s flamingo birds. The design features two adult birds with their chick standing between them in shallow water. To add to the coin’s beauty, the flamingos are depicted in warm color tones. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN VIRENIUM – Each 2019 British Virgin Islands Chilean Flamingo Proof was struck in 8 grams of Virenium®, a metal developed by Pobjoy Mint that is light gold in color.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – These Chilean Flamingo Virenium Proofs are $1 legal tender in the British Virgin Islands.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 British Virgin Islands Chilean Flamingo Virenium Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide limited edition for this proof coin has been set at only 3,500.
Don’t miss your chance to secure this spectacular, limited-edition, legal-tender Chilean Flamingo coin from the prestigious Pobjoy Mint. Order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Country||British Virgin Islands|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||8 Grams - g|