Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 British Virgin Island$1 8-gm Virenium® American Flamingo Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $19.95 $19.36
America’s Famous Pink Bird is the First Entry in Pobjoy Mint’s Flamingo Coin Series
From the famous casino in Las Vegas to yard ornaments all across the Midwest, America loves flamingos – and so does the British Pobjoy Mint, which has just introduced a series of coins that pay tribute to the colorful elegance of one of the world’s most exotic birds. Fittingly enough, the first coin is this series features the American Flamingo captured in blazing color on the design of this fabulous legal-tender release.
Standing on one leg with its neck tucked into its feathers, the flamingo is expertly depicted in different shades of pink. Also known as a Caribbean Flamingo, its image on this coin is a perfect reflection of the iconic bird and its magnificent plumage. The bright, brilliant colors are even more dazzling set against the exquisite light gold, brassy color of the coin. The color comes from the metal used to strike the coin, Virenium®, a proprietary metal specially developed by Pobjoy Mint that is light gold in color.
Released on behalf of the British Virgin Islands, this lovely coin comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Anyone who has seen a flock of these birds dancing around South Florida can tell you how beautiful these birds are real life. Now you can bring one home no mater where you are. But you had better hurry – Pobjoy is limiting the mintage to just 3,500 colorized proofs. Avoid disappointment later and order one now!
- FIRST RELEASE IN NEW SERIES – These American Flamingo coins are the first release in a series of coins that pay tribute to the elegant and exotic beauty of the world’s flamingo birds. The design features an American Flamingo standing on one leg. To add to the coin’s beauty, the bird is depicted in blazing color. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN VIRENIUM – Each 2019 British Virgin Islands American Flamingo Proof was struck in 8 grams of Virenium®, a metal developed by Pobjoy Mint that is light gold in color.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – These American Flamingo Virenium Proofs are $1 legal tender in the British Virgin Islands.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 British Virgin Islands American Flamingo Virenium Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide limited edition for this proof coin has been set at only 3,500.
Why settle for a T-shirt emblazoned with a pink flamingo or a kitschy lawn ornament when you can get a spectacular, limited-edition, legal-tender American Flamingo coin from the prestigious Pobjoy Mint? Order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Country||British Virgin Islands|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||8 Grams - g|