Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Canada 10-oz Silver Peace & Liberty Medal Ultra High Relief Reserve Proof
Canada and the United States Unite to Celebrate Peace & Liberty
In Ottawa, Ontario, a large granite arch rises over a group of 22 soldiers in Canada’s Confederation Square. Topped by two bronze sculptures – female personifications of Peace and Liberty – the arch is Canada’s National War Memorial, and one of the country’s most revered sites. Those two poetic statues now form the basis of a ground-breaking series that brings two of the world’s most accomplished coin designers together on one spectacular program: Canada’s 2019 Peace & Liberty Silver Medal!
This release marks the first time ever that artists from the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) and the U.S. Mint have come together to design a medal! Retired RCM Senior Engraver Susan Taylor designed the “Peace” side of the medal while former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti brings us the exquisite “Liberty” on the obverse.
Not only was this fabulous medal minted in ten full ounces of highly-pure 99.99% fine silver, but it is struck in Ultra High Relief so that every detail is showcased in epic fashion. In addition, the 2019 Canada Peace & Liberty Ultra High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Medal comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for this first-ever collaborative proof at just 500 – a ridiculously small number for all the collectors north and south of the border would like to own this first-ever silver proof. Make sure you’re one of those lucky few and click this to your cart today!
- HISTORIC NUMISMATIC TEAM-UP – This released marks the first time in history that a medal has been designed by artists from both the Royal Canadian Mint and the U.S. Mint. It brings together designs from John Mercanti, retired 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint, and Susan Taylor, retired Senior Engraver for the Royal Canadian Mint.
- FABULOUS ULTRA HIGH RELIEF DETAIL – Minted in Ultra High Relief, the designs – Taylor’s “Peace” on the reverse and Mercanti’s “Liberty” on the obverse – sit high over mirrored fields for an incredible level of contrast.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Canada Peace & Liberty Ultra High Relief Silver Medal was struck in ten full ounces of highly-pure 99.99% fine silver.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Canada Peace & Liberty Ultra High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Medal comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for the Peace & Liberty Ultra High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Medal at just 500.
Canada’s 2019 Peace & Liberty Ten-Ounce Silver medal is a numismatic team-up of epic proportions. Don’t miss out on this historic offering – order yours right now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||Ultra-High Relief|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||311.5275 Grams - g|
|Weight||10 Ounces - oz|