Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Canada $20 1-oz Silver Pysanka Egg Vegreville Shaped NGC PF70UC First Releases - Canada Label
Collectors Will Be Scrambling to Get Their Hands on This Egg!
The United States may have the world’s Largest Ball of Twine, but Canada has its Pysanka Egg! Located in Vegreville, Alberta, the humongous sculpture stands three-and-a-half stories high, is 31 feet long and weighs more than two-and-a-half tons. Imagine the omelette that baby could make! Now this impressive sculpture serves as the design for the latest coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s immensely popular annual series that pays tribute to Pysanka Easter Eggs.
Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% fine silver, this year’s Pysanka Egg coin has been selectively colorized to perfectly mimic the gigantic original in Vegreville that attracts thousands of tourists each year. The colossal egg was even visited in 1978 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
The 45 x 33 mm egg-shaped legal-tender proof features shades of gold and black in an intricate pattern consistent with traditional Pysanka Easter eggs from Ukraine. As home to one of Canada’s largest Ukrainian settlements, Vegreville was a fitting spot for the jumbo-sized egg that also serves as the center of an annual Pysanka Festival held each year during the first week of July. During the festival, ethnic dancing, instrumentalists, bands, singers, a market, and folk arts are held – including, of course, demonstrations on how to make Ukrainian Easter eggs.
Your Vegreville Pysanka Easter Egg coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the its release. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special Canada label.
The 2019 Canada Vegreville Pysanka Egg One-Ounce Silver Proof is a piece unlike any in your collection. And, since all previous Pysanka coins been complete sell-outs have at the Mint, the time is now to order this year’s Pysanka Egg coin before they’re all gone! Each will come in its original government packaging from the mint. Click one to your cart today!
- UNIQUE EGG-SHAPED DESIGN – The 45 x33 mm egg-shaped colorized design of this coin was crafted to mimic the Pysanka Easter Egg sculpture located in Vegreville, Alberta. The obverse features Susanna Blunt’s lovely portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Your 2019 Canada Vegreville Pysanka Egg Silver Proof was struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – This 2019 Canada Vegreville Pysanka Egg One-Ounce Silver Proof is $20 legal tender in Canada – but you’d have to be cracked to spend it!
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your Vegreville Pysanka Easter Egg coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Vegreville Pysanka Easter Egg to be a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special Canada label.
- STRICT LIMITED EDITION – The 2019 Canada Vegreville Pysanka Egg One-Ounce Silver Proof is from a strict worldwide edition limit of just 5,000 coins.
Just 5,000 of these spectacular coins were issued – and based on past history, the mint is already predicting a sell-out. Act fast to put some of these Easter eggs in your basket or you’ll be left scrambling to hunt one up later!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|