Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Canada $50 1-oz Gold Maple Leaf Incuse BU
Go Under the Surface With These First-Ever Gold INCUSE Maple Leafs!
Canada's famous Gold Maple Leaf bullion coins have been a hit with collectors ever since their debut in 1979. And, in the forty years since it made its first appearance, this iconic coin's design has remained relatively intact. Sure, as time goes by, Queen Elizabeth II's profile has reflected the passing years. And as minting technology becomes more advanced, the leaf itself has become more detailed and its surroundings more intricate to foil forgers. But on the whole, this coin has withstood the transitory trends of time. It seems that the only direction this design can go is down . . . beneath the surface, that is!
To herald the series' 40th anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint is introducing the first ever INCUSE Gold Maple Leaf! For this special release, both the titular maple leaf design on the reverse AND the profile of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse are sunk into the coin, their textures reaching just below the lustrous field. Taking its cue from ancient coins all the way up to the storied U.S. Indian Head Half Eagles and Quarter Eagles of the early 20th century, these Gold Maple Leafs proudly bring incuse minting techniques into a gorgeous new era!
These first-ever Gold Incuse Maple Leafs come on the heels of 2018’s wildly successful first-ever Silver Incuse Maple Leafs. The silver coins quickly sold out and we’re expecting a similar demand for these gold coins. With a limited mintage of just 10,000 – compared to 250,000 one-ounce Incuse Silver Maple Leafs – it doesn’t look like there will be enough to go around. Don’t miss out, click one to your cart today!
- SINGULAR, ICONIC DESIGN . . . WITH A TWIST! – The 2019 Gold Maple Leaf’s primary design is still as lifelike as ever. One leaf, exhibiting superior texture and detail, is surrounded by a vivid burst of radial lines. Of course, now the entire leaf, stem and all, is struck deep into the coin! Look to the other side of this coin and you'll find that the profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's is also struck right into the gold!
- ADVANCED ANTI-FORGERY PROTECTION – Look below the coin's centerpiece and you'll discover another smaller leaf, micro-engraved with the number "19." Along with the Maple Leaf's textured background, this elegant mark serves to thwart counterfeiters – and give you full assurance that you hold a genuine, government-guaranteed, high-purity gold coin in your possession.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK AND PROTECTED BY MINTSHIELD™! – The artisans of the RCM are known around the world for their craft. Beginning as a one-ounce planchet of 99.99% fine gold, each coin is struck to create bullion of exceptional quality. In addition, each Gold Incuse Maple Leaf is among the first ever to feature RCM's proprietary MINTSHIELD surface protection – a solution that's scientifically proven to significantly reduce the development of white spots on the coin's features and fields over time!
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 One-Ounce Gold Incuse Maple Leaf is fifty dollars Canada legal tender, confirmed on the coin's obverse along with Susanna Blunt's portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- GLEAMING GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Gold Incuse Maple Leaf comes in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, exactly as it left the Royal Canadian Mint. In addition, you'll receive a mint certificate of authenticity.
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE EVENT – Only 10,000 of these coins will be struck by the Royal Canadian Mint for millions of fans around the world!
Whether you're a long-time fan of the series or new to the party, a bonafide gold bug or a numismatic nut, this stunning Gold Incuse Maple Leaf is a must-have for your collection! Just don't take too much time deciding how many you want -- we're expecting demand for this debut to be massive! Join the celebration and get yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|