Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-D Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar NGC MS70 First Day of Issue - Black Core, Astronaut Footprint Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
U.S. Mint Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative half dollar. Not just any half dollar, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates the famous photograph snapped by Buzz Aldrin of Armstrong standing next to the lunar module Eagle as seen through Buzz’s visor.
The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 30.607 mm in diameter, the coin is the perfect size to showcase every nuance of the intricate details. Your commemorative half dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified your 2019-D Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue. Each coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive moon-themed label.
With just 750,000 of these historic 2019-D Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollars available in either proof or uncirculated condition, a sell-out is expected. In fact, the last time the U.S. Mint released a curved coin was the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Silver Dollar. That coin had a mintage of 400,000 and sold out in just 13 days! As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Buzz Aldrin’s famous photograph of Armstrong standing next to the American flag and lunar lander on the reverse. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are fifty cents legal tender in the United States.
- STRUCK IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019-D Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition!
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019-D Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive moon-themed label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting this release to a combination of just 750,000 proof and uncirculated half-dollar coins.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019-D Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Half-Dollar. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Clad, Copper-Nickel - CuNi|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Denver - D|
|Coin Weight||11.34 Grams - g|