Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-D Clad Half Dollar American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative PCGS MS70 First Strike - Flag Label
Commemorative Coin Pays Tribute to American Legion’s 100th Anniversary
The American Legion started as an idea among members of the American Expeditionary Force still stationed in France after the close of World War I. This group of war-weary soldiers were concerned about the welfare of their comrades upon their return home. That first meeting was held in 1919 and today, a century later, the American Legion has grown to become the world’s largest veterans’ group with over 2 million members in more than 12,000 posts throughout the United States. To commemorate this important milestone in the organization’s history, the U.S. Mint is releasing a series of American Legion 100th Anniversary coins!
Now you can add one of these coins to your collection with this American Legion 100th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar. Struck at the Denver Mint, it features a pair of one-year-only designs that pay tribute to both the anniversary and the veterans’ group. The obverse depicts two children, hands over the hearts, reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. The little girl on the right is shown proudly wearing her grandfather’s old American Legion cap. Below the children are the words: “I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG…” The reverse shows an American Flag waving on a flagpole as seen from the viewpoint of the children from the obverse. Inscribed below are the words: “…OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” completing the phrase that began on the other side of the coin. The American Legion emblem is seen above the flag.
Each coin in this offer has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, PCGS has certified your American Legion 100th Anniversary Half Dollar to be a First Strike (FS) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special American Flag label.
Thanks to its tireless efforts to obtain benefits for all veterans, the American Legion is one of the nation's most effective interest groups. The group lists among its successes a bonus for World War I veterans, the passage of the G.I. Bill of Rights for World War II veterans, and its demand for medical and monetary benefits for veterans exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.
Make this commemorative coin one of your success stories. Show appreciation for our nation’s veterans and click one of these coins to your cart today!
- A TRIBUTE TO A CENTURY OF THE AMERICAN LEGION – The 100th Anniversary of the American Legion’s founding in Paris, France is celebrated on this coin featuring one-year-only designs.
- STRUCK AT THE DENVER MINT – Each American Legion 100th Anniversary Half Dollar in this offer was struck at the Denver Mint.
- LEGAL-TENDER COMMEMORATIVE – These coins are 50¢ legal tender.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019-D American Legion 100th Anniversary Half Dollar has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – PCGS has certified your American Legion 100th Anniversary Half Dollar to be a First Strike (FS) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special American Flag label.
- LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The U.S. Mint is releasing just 750,000 of these American Legion 100th Anniversary Half Dollars across all proof and uncirculated options.
Don’t miss your chance to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by veterans and the steadfast organization that has been looking out for their welfare for the past century. Secure your 2019-D American Legion 100th Anniversary Half Dollar today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Strike|
|Mint Name||Denver - D|
|Coin Weight||11.34 Grams - g|