Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 France 10€ Silver Notre Dame Cathedral Reconstruction Proof
Silver Proof Pays Tribute to Notre-Dame Reconstruction Efforts
The world stood in shock on April 14, 2019, when a fire erupted in the Notre-Dame Cathedral, tragically destroying part of the historic centuries-old building. The blaze erupted during the midst of a renovation project on the iconic medieval structure that each year receives more than 13 million visitors. In the aftermath, wealthy people from around the world generously pledged millions of dollars to help restore the great cathedral to its former glory.
You may not be able to donate millions of dollars, but you can help in the reconstruction – and in the process receive a beautiful token of appreciation from the world-renowned Monnaie de Paris – the Famed Paris Mint. One of the oldest and most highly-regarded mints in the world, the Paris Mint struck this fabulous coin in 22.2 grams of 90% fine silver to help raise funds for the reconstruction efforts. Measuring 37 mm in diameter, this limited-edition tribute was inspired by the designs used for the 2013 medal struck by the Mint that commemorated the Cathedral’s 850th anniversary. A portion of all the sales will go towards reconstruction costs.
The obverse of this legal-tender 10€ coin pays tribute to the architecture of the famous Notre-Dame Cathedral by depicting its most distinguishable features: the gargoyles, the towers and the center of the rose window. In addition, “15/04/2019 Reconstruction” and “Notre-Dame de Paris” have been engraved to mark the assistance of Monnaie de Paris for the reconstruction. The coin’s reverse is like looking at the other side of stained-glass window with the same images only in reverse. It also includes the 2019 year date and UNESCO logo in recognition of Notre-Dame being a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Until Victor Hugo wrote the famous novel The Hunchback of Notre-Dame in 1831, the Cathedral had been neglected following the vandalism wrought by the French Revolution. Since then, however, a new appreciation for the Cathedral and its status as one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture has made it a must-see on the bucket list of every tourist planning a trip to Europe. Make sure this silver coin is on your list and click it to your cart today.
- A TRIBUTE TO THE FAMOUS NOTRE-DAME CATHEDRAL – These silver proofs were released in the wake of an April 15, 2019 fire that destroyed part of the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris, France. A portion of the sales of these coins will go towards reconstruction efforts.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING SILVER – Each 2019 France Notre-Dame Reconstruction Silver Proof has been struck in 22.2 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 2019 France Notre-Dame Reconstruction Silver Proofs are 10€ (10 Euros) legal tender in France and the European Union.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 France Notre-Dame Reconstruction Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Monnaie de Paris has set the worldwide limited edition for these coins at just 5,000.
Help the Notre-Dame Cathedral return to its former glory by ordering this spectacular Notre-Dame Silver Proof. Add it your cart today.
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Monnaie de Paris|
|Coin Weight||22.2 Grams - g|