Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain £1 Gold Sovereign Matte NGC MS70 One of First 100 Struck
First-Ever Brilliant Uncirculated Gold Sovereign With a Matte Finish
First struck in 1817, Great Britain’s legendary Gold Sovereign is one of the oldest and most recognized gold coins in the world, and the only coin to be struck on five different continents. Considered by many to be the flagship coin of The Royal Mint, it is the unmistakable centerpiece of many British coin collection. For 2019, the Gold Sovereign dons a new look because for the first time ever The Royal Mint has struck a Modern Gold Sovereign with a Matte Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) finish!
Struck in approximately one-quarter ounce of 91.7% (22 karat) gold, this superb coin not only exhibits Benedetto Pistrucci’s classic design of St. George and the Dragon that has appeared on the coin since 1817, but it also features for the first time a sublime matte finish that gives it a soft, satin-like appearance. A work of art in miniature form, the Quarter-Ounce Gold Sovereign is one of the most widely-traded coins in the world and is popular among collectors and gold bugs alike.
In addition, the 2019 Great Britain £1 Gold Sovereign Matte Finish Coins we have available in this offer have all been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded coins have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Plus, NGC has also certified that these coins are one of the first 100 struck in the series! Collectors seek out coins like these because they are produced with brand new dies and have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled “One of First 100 Struck” is a small fraction of the total mintage. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder that attests to the grade and certification and bears an exclusive Tower Bridge label.
Once recognized as legal tender in more than 20 countries, the Sovereign’s status as an elite gold bullion coin is unsurpassed. The added feature of it being the first-ever Matte Brilliant Uncirculated edition in the series adds even more luster to owning this coin. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity; reserve your Gold Sovereign today!
- FIRST-EVER MATTE FINISH GOLD SOVEREIGN – For the first time in the history of the modern Gold Sovereign, Great Britain’s Royal Mint has struck the coin in Matte Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, which gives the coin a soft, satin-like appearance.
- CLASSIC SOVEREIGN DESIGN – Benedetto Pistrucci’s classic design of St. George and the Dragon has appeared on British coins since 1817. It appears once again on the reverse of this Gold Sovereign while the obverse features Jody Clark’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN 22-KARAT GOLD – Each 2019 Great Britain Gold Sovereign is struck by The Royal Mint in a quarter-ounce of 91.7% (22 karat) gold.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – These 2019 Great Britain Gold Sovereigns are One Sovereign legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Great Britain Gold Sovereign Matte Finish Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- CERTIFIED AS ONE OF THE FIRST 100 STRUCK – NGC has also certified that these coins are one of the first 100 struck in the series. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder that attests to the grade and certification and bears an exclusive Tower Bridge label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Mint has set the maximum worldwide edition limit for individual Quarter-Ounce Gold Sovereigns at just 20,000
Own the first-ever Brilliant Uncirculated Gold Sovereign with a Matte finish. It’s history, it’s gold and it’s beautiful. What are you waiting for, reserve yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Condition||Graded, Matte BU|
|Pedigree||1 of first 100 Struck|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||7.98 Grams - g|