Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain £1 Gold Sovereign NGC PF70UC First Struck
Collectors Scrambling for 2019 Gold Sovereigns!
Great Britain’s Gold Sovereign is one of the world’s most popular bullion coins – and has been for more than two centuries. That’s why each year when the collector proof version is released, collectors are beside themselves with anticipation at acquiring these big, beautiful gold coins. With small limited editions, however, it’s quite often difficult to acquire each year’s release – and in 2019 it just got a whole lot harder because the British Royal Mint actually reduced the mintage for these always-in demand proof coins!
The shock waves felt around the coin world by the decision have had an immediate effect. That’s because in 2018 The Royal Mint issued 13,350 Gold Sovereign £1 proofs compared to just 9,500 in 2019 – that’s nearly a 29% decrease meaning thousands of collectors who purchased last year’s Sovereign will miss out this year!
Here’s your chance to secure not only this year’s £1 Gold Sovereign Proof, but to get it graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, this proof has been certified as being a First Strike (FS) coin by NGC, meaning that it is among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Your coin is struck in 22-karat gold and comes accompanied by a certificate of authenticity and a booklet about Great Britain’s Gold Sovereign.
The British Sovereign has one of the longest histories of any running series. It dates back to 1817, when the coin debuted with an image of King George III on the obverse and a shield and crown motif on the reverse. The reverse was later replaced with what is today considered to be a classic image: Benedetto Pistrucci’s design of Saint George slaying a dragon – the same design that the coins in this set share. Each coin produced in the series, which ran from 1817-1918, again in 1925, and from 1957 to the present, has been produced according to the purity standards set forth in the Act of 1816. Even the weight of the full sovereign remains relatively constant at 7.988052 grams, which was rounded to 7.98805 grams by the Coin Act in 1971. Today, that tradition is alive and well with this latest issue of the series.
With fewer gold sovereign available this year you must act now to make sure you don’t miss out. Place your Gold Sovereign in your cart today to avoid disappointment later!
- THE LATEST IN A CENTURIES-OLD SERIES – These coins are part of the latest issue in one of the world’s oldest continuing series. Minted to standards that have remained remarkably constant over the past two hundred years, these coins are perfect for those who love rich history in numismatics.
- BRITISH LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Sovereign is £1 (One Pound) legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN LAWLESS PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Great Britain £1 Gold Sovereign will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST STRIKES CERTIFICATION – Your proof will also be certified as a First Strike (FS) coin by PCGS, meaning that it is among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Just 9,500 of these Gold Sovereigns were authorized – down from 13,350 issued in 2018.
The British Royal Mint is among the most highly respected mints in the world. In fact, more than 50 foreign countries entrust their minting to it. Its centuries of continuous history included the service of Sir Isaac Newton, who served as Mint Master for nearly three decades, bringing his knowledge and skill to bear on Britain’s coinage. This set continues what many consider Britain’s most historic and important collections. Act now, because these Gold Sovereigns will not be available for long!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||1 of first 50 Struck|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||7.98 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/4 Ounce - oz|