Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain £10 5-oz Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof NGC PF70UC First Releases
Silver Coin Celebrates Queen Victoria’s 200th Birthday
2019 marks the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth. Becoming Queen at the age of 18, Victoria reigned from 1837 to 1901 – a total of 64 years – and was the longest-reigning monarch in British history until she was surpassed in by Great Britain’s current monarch, her great-great-granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II. Synonymous with the British Empire’s industrial and economic expansion of the 1800s, her name is used to describe the times – The Victorian Era, an age when it was said the sun never set on the British Empire.
To pay tribute to the bicentenary of Victoria’s birth, Great Britain’s world-renowned Royal Mint has issued a series of special commemoratives that pay tribute to the woman whose children populated the Royal Houses of Europe and thus provided her with the unofficial title of “the Grandmother of Europe.” Struck in five ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver, this legal-tender £10 coin is a smashing example of numismatic quality and art. It depicts a young Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert with the year of her birth (1819) in Roman numbers MDCCCXIX. What really makes this design so unique is that it is the same design used on a medal specially commissioned for the Great Exhibition of 1851 – the dolphins and trident at the base of their necks symbolic of England’s status as the world’s foremost naval power.
Your 2019 Great Britain Five-Ounce Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
Coin collectors, history buffs, royal watchers and silver stackers will all be vying for these coins. But with a limited mintage of just 800, there are far too few to go around. Hurry; add a piece of the Victorian Era to your collection now with the 2019 Great Britain Five-Ounce Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof!
- COMMEMORATING QUEEN VICTORIA’S 200TH BIRTHDAY – To celebrate the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth, Great Britain’s Royal Mint struck this special commemorative coin. It features a young Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert with the year of her birth in Roman numbers MDCCCXIX. The coin’s obverse features her a great-great-granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II along with the year the coin’s 2019 year of release.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof has been struck in five ounces of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN GREAT BRITAIN – These 2019 Great Britain Five-Ounce Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proofs are £10 (ten pounds) legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Great Britain Five-Ounce Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin.
- LOW WORLDWIDE MINTAGE – The worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at just 800.
Thanks to the British television series Victoria starring Jenna Coleman, the popularity of the Royal Family, and the epic 200th anniversary of her birth, Queen Victoria has never been hotter. Don’t miss out, click one of these coins to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||156.29 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|