Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain £5 2-oz Silver Queen’s Beasts Yale of Beaufor NGC MS69 First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $69.95 $67.89
The Yale of Beaufort if the Latest Addition to the Epic Queen’s Beasts Series
This seems like it’s right out of the pages of Harry Potter, but when Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953, there were actually ten fantastic beasts that guarded the entrance to Westminster Abbey. The Queen’s Beasts, as they were called, were each six-foot tall statues that were designed to represent the rich history and heritage of the monarchy.
To honor these royal protectors and celebrate the reign of Queen Elizabeth, The British Royal Mint has released a series featuring The Queen’s Beasts – ten coins for the ten creatures that stood guard outside her coronation ceremony on June 2, 1953. The sixth coin in this release is the Yale of Beaufort, a symbol of Lady Margaret Beaufort, the mother of King Henry VII, and a key figure in the famous War of the Roses between the House of Plantagenet and the House of Lancaster.
Here’s your chance to bring the Queen’s Beasts Yale home in two full ounces of 99.99% silver, with a reverse designed by the talented Jody Clark, Royal Mint Engraver and designer of the current effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Your coin has a legal-tender value of £5 (five pounds) and has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
Your coin will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage.
When Henry VII emerged victorious from the War of the Roses in 1485 and established the House of Tudor, he gave his mother unprecedented power. She was able to hold property independently from her husband and was even given authority to administer justice. After all, it was through Lady Margaret’s efforts that brought about the marriage of her son Henry and Elizabeth of York which got the Tudor Dynasty rolling. It’s no wonder Henry was devoted to his mother and used her symbol as his own. Described as the size of a hippopotamus, the mythical Yale was said to have the tail of an elephant and the jaws of a boar. Also referred to as a centicore, its long oversized horns were able to swivel in any direction making it potent in both attacking and defending. For these traits it became symbolic of proud defense in medieval heraldry and was an integral part of the Beaufort Family’s Coat of Arms.
This wonderful coin and its exciting designs are breathtaking – it’s no wonder each entry of the Queen’s Beasts series has proven incredibly popular. Don’t wait for our supply to vanish into the tapestry of history, order yours today!
- LATEST RELEASE IN SERIES PAYING TRIBUTE TO QUEEN ELIZABETH II – Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Family remain as popular as ever. This exciting series from the world-renowned British Royal Mint offers a new take on her reign by commemorating the ten fantastic beasts that stood guard outside Westminster Abbey on her coronation day in 1953.
- LEGAL TENDER AND LOTS OF SILVER – It’s a large weighty coin struck in two full ounces of 99.99% silver and bears a denomination of £5 (five Pounds).
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Great Britain Two-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Yale of Beaufort coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASE CERTIFICATION – Your coin will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
Between the expected demand by both coin collectors and silver stackers, you’ll have to be fast to add the Yale of Beaufort to your collection! Don’t miss out; add this magnificent coin to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.4 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|