Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain £5 Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Piedfort Proof NGC PF70UC First Releases
Silver Coin Celebrates Queen Victoria’s 200th Birthday
2019 marks the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth. Becoming Queen at the age of 18, Victoria reigned from 1837 to 1901 – a total of 64 years – and was the longest-reigning monarch in British history until she was surpassed in by Great Britain’s current monarch, her great-great-granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II. Synonymous with the British Empire’s industrial and economic expansion of the 1800s, her name is used to describe the times – The Victorian Era, an age when it was said the sun never set on the British Empire.
To pay tribute to the bicentenary of Victoria’s birth, Great Britain’s world-renowned Royal Mint has issued a series of special commemoratives that pay tribute to the woman whose children populated the Royal Houses of Europe and thus provided her with the unofficial title of “the Grandmother of Europe.” Struck in 1.82 ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver, this double-thick legal-tender £5 coin is a smashing example of numismatic quality and art. It depicts a young Queen Victoria surrounded by the historic innovations that occurred during her lifetime, including the Penny Farthing bicycle, the telephone, the SS Great Eastern (then the largest ship ever built), and a train representing the first-ever British Royal train journey in 1842. Rounding out the design is a special edge lettering that reads “Workshop of the World.”
Your 2019 Great Britain Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Piedfort Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
Coin collectors, history buffs, royal watchers and silver stackers will all be vying for these coins. But with a limited mintage of just 2,750, there are far too few to go around. Hurry; add a piece of the Victorian Era to your collection now with the 2019 Great Britain Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Piedfort Proof!
- COMMEMORATING QUEEN VICTORIA’S 200TH BIRTHDAY – To celebrate the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth, Great Britain’s Royal Mint struck this special commemorative coin. It features a young Queen Victoria surrounded by the historic innovations that occurred during her lifetime along with the dual dates of 1819-2019. The coin’s obverse features her a great-great-granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each double-thick Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Piedfort Proof has been struck in 56.56 grams of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN GREAT BRITAIN – These 2019 Great Britain Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Piedfort Proofs are £5 (five pounds) legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Great Britain Silver Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Piedfort Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Queen Victoria 200th Anniversary Proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin.
- LOW WORLDWIDE MINTAGE – The worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at just 2,750.
Thanks to the British television series Victoria starring Jenna Coleman, the popularity of the Royal Family, and the epic 200th anniversary of her birth, Queen Victoria has never been hotter. Don’t miss out, click one of these coins to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||56.56 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|