Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain Gold & Silver 3-Piece Set NGC PF70UC One of First 150 Struck
2019 Gold & Silver Britannia Proofs Commemorate Trio of Numismatic Anniversaries!
Following their conquest of the British Isles in 43 A.D., the Romans named their new province “Britannia” – a Latinisation of Pretanī, the native word for the island. With that name came the female personification of the island, a warrior goddess armed with a trident, shield and Corinthian helmet. While Great Britain continues to change and evolve, the figure of Britannia still stands tall, representing the ideals of pride, fortitude and progress. In 2019, Britannia reigns supreme once again on the Royal Mint’s latest Britannia Proof Series that features a new, one-year-only design.
This year’s portrait of Britannia is not only a stunning portrayal of the warrior queen, it’s also a tribute to a series of key milestones in British numismatic history. The design depicts Britannia on the coin’s reverse as an armed warrior leading a fierce lion into battle. It’s a 180th anniversary reimaging of the famous “Una & the Lion” design that appeared on an 1839 coin honoring the coronation of Queen Victoria. The young queen was depicted on that coin as Princess Una from Edmund Spenser’s poem The Faerie Queen. This year also marks the 1,900th anniversary of the first time Britannia appeared on Roman coinage in 119 A.D. Additionally, 2019 marks the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth, giving this year’s release not one, not two, but THREE milestone anniversaries in one fell swoop!
Great Britain’s Royal Mint introduced its premier Gold Britannia bullion series in 1987 and followed it up 10 years later with the Silver Britannia series in 1997. Today, the Britannia coins are among the most premier names in precious metal coinage. And while the bullion edition of the Britannia has kept its same design since 2013, each year brings an exciting new design to the Britannia Proof releases – and this year is no different! With a new contemporary design by one of England's rising young artists, we're proud to bring you this 2019 Great Britain Gold Britannia Three-Piece Gold & Silver Proof Set!
The three coins in your set include:
- A Quarter-Ounce Gold Proof. Struck in 99.99% gold, it is from a limited edition of just 1,100.
- A One-Ounce Silver Proof. Struck in 99.9% silver, it is from a limited edition of just 5,200.
- A One-Ounce Silver Reverse Proof. Struck in 99.9% silver, it is from a limited edition of just 700 reverse proofs. To achieve a Reverse Proof effect, a coin is struck with frosty fields and shimmering details – the opposite of a traditional proof finish that has mirrored fields and frosted details.
Each coin in your 2019 Britannia Three-Piece Gold & Silver Proof Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means each perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has graded each coin to be one of the first 150 struck, meaning these coins were not only struck on the first day of production, but were among the very first struck!
Like the others that came before it, the 2019 Britannia proof coins both establish and reimagine an enduring symbol of British strength. Whether you're new to the Britannia series or a longtime collector, coin fanatic or Anglophile, this vision is one worth bringing home. And with only 150 of these 2019 Britannia Three-Piece Gold & Silver Proof Set available for worldwide release, you’ll need to act fast to guarantee you get one! Don't miss this opportunity – order yours today!
- CLASSIC, ENDURING DESIGN – Standing steadfast in her defense of the British Isles, Britannia is the embodiment of Great Britain. She is featured on the reverse of each coin as an armed warrior leading a fierce lion into battle. The obverse designs depict Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- EXPERTLY MINTED IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD & SILVER – The coins in this three-piece proof set were struck in highly-pure gold and silver. The two silver coins were each struck in one ounce of 99.9% silver and the gold coin was struck in a quarter ounce of 99.99% gold.
- UK LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Britannia gold & silver proofs are legal tender in the United Kingdom, with denominations of £2 (two pounds) for the silver coins and £25 (twenty-five pounds) for the gold coin.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2019 Britannia Three-Piece Gold & Silver Proof Set has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded each coin in your 2019 Britannia Three-Piece Gold & Silver Proof Set to be one of the first 150 struck, meaning they were not only struck on the first day of production, but were among the very first coins struck!
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – The British Royal Mint has specially assembled just 150 of these sets containing coins designated as “One of First 150 Struck,” and they are available exclusively through GovMint.com!
Britannia, the embodiment of a nation and icon of maritime sovereignty, has symbolized Britain for centuries, appearing on coins dating all the way back to the Roman Empire! This favorite of collectors around the world is met with high demand year after year. Don't miss out on this chance to secure the extremely limited-edition 2019 Great Britain Gold Britannia Three-Piece Gold & Silver Proof Set – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Purity||0.9990, 0.99999, Mixed|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||7.8 Grams - g, 31.21 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/4 Ounce - oz, 1 Ounce - oz|