Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Great Britain Silver Penny The Royal Birth BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $29.95 $29.07
It’s A Boy! The Royal Mint Pays Tribute to Harry & Megan’s First Child
First came the fairy-tale romance between the handsome prince and the American actress. Then came the lavish and oh-so sumptuous Royal Wedding watched by millions around the world. And now a new blessing has been announced: the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s first child! To pay tribute to this happy occasion, The Royal Mint of Great Britain has released a special silver penny – an exquisite little keepsake that’s perfect for any Royal Watcher or the parents of children born in 2019.
Specially struck in 92.5% British Sterling silver, this gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) legal-tender coin honors the age-old tradition of crossing a baby’s palm with silver as a sign of good luck. According to tradition, if the child grabs the coin and holds on tight, he will grow up to be a miser. If the baby quickly drops the coin, he will spend money faster than he can earn it!
When it was first announced in 2018 the Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle were expecting their first child, people around the world began eagerly anticipating the new arrival. Finally, on May 6, 2019 the news broke that the couple welcomed the new Royal Baby – a healthy boy named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor! Barring any intervention from his great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, the royal baby’s title will be lord rather than prince. He is also now seventh in line to the throne!
This special silver penny will be available for only a limited time and will come beautifully presented in its original packaging from the Mint to serve as a lifelong keepsake. If you have a new baby in your family, or have friends welcoming a new baby in 2019 or just simply enjoy following the exciting lives of The Royal Family, then this coin is for you!
- HARRY & MEGHAN’S FIRST CHILD – To pay tribute to the birth of the first child for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, The Royal Mint has released a special silver penny. The traditional design features a crowned portcullis with chains, which is the Badge of the Palace of Westminster. The obverse shows the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN BRITISH STERLING SILVER – Each 2019 Great Britain Silver Penny First Baby of Sussex coin was struck in 3.56 grams of 92.5% British Sterling silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – These coins are 1 Penny legal tender in the United Kingdom.
- GLEAMING BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Celebrating the Birth of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s First Child 2019 United Kingdom Silver Penny will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
Celebrate the birth of Baby Sussex – Harry & Meghan’s first child – with the 2019 Great Britain 1st Baby of Sussex Silver Penny. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.56 Grams - g|