Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-MO Mexico 2-oz Silver Libertad NGC PF70UC - Mexico Label
The Beauty of the Two-Ounce Silver Libertad Returns for 2019
While Mexico’s ties to Spain are evident in daily life from the language to bullfights, the country’s citizens take tremendous pride in their independence, which is precisely what Mexico’s world-renowned Libertad coin series celebrates. Mexican silver is world-renowned for its quality and consistency – and has been for more than 500 years. The 2019 Silver Libertad follows in that unparalleled tradition.
Silver Libertads from Mexico are popular the world over not only for their silver content, but also for their limited mintages and exquisite beauty. And that beauty has never looked better then on this 2019-dated coin that’s struck in two ounces of 99.9% silver and measures an impressive 48 mm in diameter! Unlike the regular one-ounce Libertads released each year since 1982; the two-ounce coins are produced in smaller numbers, making these Libertads even more coveted by collectors.
Your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, it will come sonically sealed in an acrylic coin holder and encapsulated with an exclusive Mexico-themed label!
First released as part of the Silver Libertad Series in 1996, the two-ounce coin features the same design as its smaller one-ounce counterpart. Now in its 24th year of being issued, the Silver Libertad features one of the most recognizable representations of Mexican independence. Its design of the Winged Victory is based on the statue that stands atop the Mexican Victory Independence Column in Mexico City. The column and statue were erected in 1921 to mark the 100th anniversary of Mexico’s independence from Spain.
With its pure silver content and limited mintage, the 2019 Two-Ounce Silver Libertad Proof is sure to appeal to coin collectors and silver stackers alike. Don’t delay – add one of these epic silver coins to your collection today!
- THE LATEST IN THE LIBERTAD SERIES – This 2019 Two-Ounce Silver Libertad Proof is the latest issue in this extremely popular series, which dates back to 1982.
- CAPTURING NATURAL AND ARTISTIC BEAUTY – The stunning reverse design features Winged Victory, a statue that stands in Mexico City as a symbol of the country’s independence. In the background are the volcanoes Popocatépetl (Popo) and Iztaccíhuatl (Izta) that overlook the Valley of Mexico near Mexico City. The obverse shows Mexico's official seal, an eagle with a snake in mouth, standing on a cactus symbolizing the founding of Mexico City. The emblem is surrounded by the words “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” which translates to United Mexican States – Mexico’s official name. In addition, the seal is surrounded by the different official seals used throughout the history of Mexico.
- STRUCK FROM 99.9% FINE SILVER WITH UNIQUE MINT MARK – Each 2019 Silver Libertad Proof was struck from two ounces of 99.9% fine silver at the Mexican Mint – Casa de Moneda de Mexico. Founded in 1535, the Mexican Mint is the oldest mint in North America and is represented by a unique “Mo” mint mark.
- A COIN THAT IS NOT LEGAL TENDER – The Silver Libertad has the unique distinction of being a government issued coin that lacks a face value. This separates it from other popular coins throughout the world. While bearing no denomination, the coin is backed by the Bank of Mexico with the government guaranty of the coin's weight and metal purity stamped right into the surface of the coin, making it a true silver bullion coin.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic coin holder and encapsulated with an exclusive Mexico-themed label.
The Silver Libertad coin is among the most anticipated issues among collectors every year. The coin exemplifies extraordinary artistic beauty while perfectly representing the tremendous pride that Mexicans have in their country’s rich history. Its design also incorporates pieces of Mexico’s stunning natural beauty. Whether you have Mexican heritage, a love for Mexico, or simply appreciate the remarkable beauty of this unique series, order this 2019 Mexico Two-Ounce Silver Libertad Proof at GovMint.com today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Mexico Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|