Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proof & Medal 2-Piece Set NGC PF69 First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $189.95 $184.35
$94.98 / month
Two-Piece Set Pays Tribute to American Legion’s 100th Anniversary
The American Legion started as an idea among members of the American Expeditionary Force still stationed in France after the close of World War I. This group of war-weary soldiers were concerned about the welfare of their comrades upon their return home. That first meeting was held in 1919 and today, a century later, the American Legion has grown to become the world’s largest veterans’ group with over 2 million members in more than 12,000 posts throughout the United States. To commemorate this important milestone in the organization’s history, the U.S. Mint is releasing a series of American Legion 100th Anniversary coins!
Now you can not only add one of these coins to your collection, but you can secure an exclusive commemorative medal that is available only in this special American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proof & Medal Two-Piece Set! When the Mint made this release available on May 20, 2019 its website was jammed with eager collectors trying to secure one of thee exclusive sets. And even with a limit of one set per household, thousands of people were turned away empty-handed.
But fear not, we’ve managed to track down a limited number of these sets and now we’re making them available to you! The set includes the silver dollar and silver medal – each struck in 26.73 grams of 99.9% silver at the “Mother Mint” in Philadelphia:
- The American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar features a pair of one-year-only designs that pay tribute to both the anniversary and the veterans’ group. The obverse depicts the American Legion emblem adorned by oak leaves and a lily. The reverse design shows the crossed American and American Legion flags below a fleur-de-lis and the inscription 100 YEARS OF SERVICE. The dual 1919 and 2019 dates and either side of the flags.
- The American Veterans Silver Medal features an intense close-up of American Bald Eagle spreading its wings. The design is meant to symbolize the initiative, determination and personal courage required by those serving in America’s Armed Forces and includes the inscription HONORING AMERICA’S VETERANS. The reverse features a field of star representing all American veterans – past, present and future. A lone incused star represents those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our nation. The inscription SERVICE AND SACRIFICE rounds out the design.
Each piece in your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proof & Medal Two-Piece Set was graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin and medal will showcase impressive full strikes and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of the series. In addition, NGC has certified and given each piece in your two-piece set is a First Releases (FR) designation, a classification that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core.
Thanks to its tireless efforts to obtain benefits for all veterans, the American Legion is one of the nation's most effective interest groups. The group lists among its successes a bonus for World War I veterans, the passage of the G.I. Bill of Rights for World War II veterans, and its demand for medical and monetary benefits for veterans exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam. Make this exclusive commemorative release one of your success stories. Show your appreciation for our nation’s veterans and click a set to your cart today!
- A TRIBUTE TO A CENTURY OF THE AMERICAN LEGION – The 100th Anniversary of the American Legion’s founding in Paris, France is celebrated on this silver coin and medal featuring one-year-only designs.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Both the American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar and commemorative medal were struck at the Philadelphia Mint in 26.73 grams of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COMMEMORATIVE – The silver dollar in this set is $1 legal tender.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proof & Medal Two-Piece Set was graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified and given each piece in your two-piece set is a First Releases (FR) designation. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core.
- LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The U.S. Mint is releasing just 10,000 of these American Legion 100th Anniversary Two-Piece sets, and the commemorative medals are only available in these sets.
Don’t miss your chance to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by veterans and the steadfast organization that has been looking out for their welfare for the past century. Secure your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar & Medal Two-Piece Set today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Releases|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|