Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P American Legion Silver Dollar 100th Anniversary NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $179.95 $174.64
$89.98 / month
Silver Commemorative Pays Tribute to American Legion’s 100th Anniversary
The American Legion started as an idea among members of the American Expeditionary Force still stationed in France after the close of World War I. This group of war-weary soldiers were concerned about the welfare of their comrades upon their return home. That first meeting was held in 1919 and today, a century later, the American Legion has grown to become the world’s largest veterans’ group with over 2 million members in more than 12,000 posts throughout the United States. To commemorate this important milestone in the organization’s history, the U.S. Mint is releasing a series of American Legion 100th Anniversary coins!
Now you can add one of these coins to your collection with this American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar. Struck in 26.73 grams of 99.9% silver at the Philadelphia Mint, it features a pair of one-year-only designs that pay tribute to both the anniversary and the veterans’ group. The obverse depicts the American Legion emblem adorned by oak leaves and a lily. The reverse design shows the crossed American and American Legion flags below a fleur-de-lis and the inscription 100 YEARS OF SERVICE. The dual 1919 and 2019 dates and either side of the flags.
Each coin in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
Thanks to its tireless efforts to obtain benefits for all veterans, the American Legion is one of the nation's most effective interest groups. The group lists among its successes a bonus for World War I veterans, the passage of the G.I. Bill of Rights for World War II veterans, and its demand for medical and monetary benefits for veterans exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.
Make this commemorative coin one of your success stories. Show appreciation for our nation’s veterans and click one of these coins to your cart today!
- A TRIBUTE TO A CENTURY OF THE AMERICAN LEGION – The 100th Anniversary of the American Legion’s founding in Paris, France is celebrated on this silver coin featuring one-year-only designs.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar was struck at the Philadelphia Mint in 26.73 grams of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COMMEMORATIVE – These coins are $1 legal tender.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin.
- LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The U.S. Mint is releasing just 400,000 of these American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollars across all silver product options.
Don’t miss your chance to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by veterans and the steadfast organization that has been looking out for their welfare for the past century. Secure your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|