Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary 5-oz Silver Dollar Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $309.00 $299.88
$154.50 / month
U.S. Mint Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of this special, limited-edition commemorative silver dollar. Not just any half dollar, it’s the U.S. Mint’s first five-ounce coin with a proof finish, reeded edge and curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Neil Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin.
The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 3 inches in diameter, the coin is the perfect size to showcase every nuance of the intricate details. Struck in five ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver, your massive silver dollar will arrive in its official government packaging.
With just 100,000 of these historic 2019-P $1 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five-Ounce Silver Proofs available, a quick sell-out is expected. As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Clad Half Dollar Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Armstrong’s famous photo of Buzz in which Aldrin’s visor reflects an image of Armstrong standing beside the landing module. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in five ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are one dollar legal tender in the United States.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-P $1 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five-Ounce Silver Proof will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautiful details! Your coin will also come displayed in its official government packaging.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – the U.S. Mint is limiting this release to just 100,000.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019-P $1 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five-Ounce Silver Proof. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||155.5 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|