Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar 2-piece Set NGC MS70/PF70UC First Releases - Black Core, Charlie Duke Signed Label
U.S. Mint Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Congress authorized the release of a special, limited-edition commemorative silver dollar. Not just any silver dollar, it represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface! On the coin’s obverse is the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates the famous photograph snapped by Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin and features a close-up view of Aldrin’s visor reflecting Armstrong in the distance.
The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 38.1 mm in diameter, the coin perfectly reveals every nuance of the intricate details. Struck in 26.73 grams of highly-pure 99.9% silver, the Apollo 11 silver dollars in this two-piece proof & uncirculated set are of the highest grade. One has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, and the other has been graded by NGC in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition. That means each perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
In addition, NGC has certified each 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar in this set to be a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that they were among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage. Each coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder that features a black display core and a label bearing the hand-signed signature of astronaut Charlie Duke, who not only served as CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) for the Apollo 11 mission – meaning he was the voice of mission control for the astronauts – but he later became the youngest person to ever set foot on the moon during the Apollo 16 mission in 1972.
With just 400,000 of these historic 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollars available, a quick sell-out is expected. In fact, the last time the U.S. Mint released a curved silver dollar was the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Silver Dollar. That coin had a mintage of 400,000 and sold out in just 13 days! As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Buzz Aldrin’s famous photograph of Armstrong standing next to the American flag and lunar lander on the reverse. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in 26.73 grams ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are one dollar legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT CONDITION – Your 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollars have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition and perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollars to be First Releases (FR) coins and will come sonically sealed in acrylic capsules with black display cores.
- SIGNED BY A MAN WHO WALKED ON THE MOON – These coins feature exclusive labels personally signed by astronaut Charles “Charlie” Duke, CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) for the landmark Apollo 11 mission.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – the U.S. Mint is limiting this release to a combination of just 400,000 proof and uncirculated coins.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar Two-Piece Proof & Uncirculated Set personally signed by Astronaut Charlie Duke. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Condition||Graded, Uncirculated, Proof|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Releases|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|