Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P Silver Dollar American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Proof
Silver Commemorative Pays Tribute to American Legion’s 100th Anniversary
The American Legion started as an idea among members of the American Expeditionary Force still stationed in France after the close of World War I. This group of war-weary soldiers were concerned about the welfare of their comrades upon their return home. That first meeting was held in 1919 and today, a century later, the American Legion has grown to become the world’s largest veterans’ group with over 2 million members in more than 12,000 posts throughout the United States. To commemorate this important milestone in the organization’s history, the U.S. Mint is releasing a series of American Legion 100th Anniversary coins!
Now you can add one of these coins to your collection with this American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar. Struck in 26.73 grams of 99.9% silver at the Philadelphia Mint, it features a pair of one-year-only designs that pay tribute to both the anniversary and the veterans’ group. The obverse depicts the American Legion emblem adorned by oak leaves and a lily. The reverse design shows the crossed American and American Legion flags below a fleur-de-lis and the inscription 100 YEARS OF SERVICE. The dual 1919 and 2019 dates and either side of the flags.
Each coin in this offer comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. In addition, your coin will come in its original government packaging from the mint, ideal for storage and display.
Thanks to its tireless efforts to obtain benefits for all veterans, the American Legion is one of the nation's most effective interest groups. The group lists among its successes a bonus for World War I veterans, the passage of the G.I. Bill of Rights for World War II veterans, and its demand for medical and monetary benefits for veterans exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.
Make this commemorative coin one of your success stories. Show appreciation for our nation’s veterans and click one of these coins to your cart today!
- A TRIBUTE TO A CENTURY OF THE AMERICAN LEGION – The 100th Anniversary of the American Legion’s founding in Paris, France is celebrated on this silver coin featuring one-year-only designs.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar was struck at the Philadelphia Mint in 26.73 grams of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COMMEMORATIVE – These coins are $1 legal tender.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar will come in gorgeous proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The U.S. Mint is releasing just 400,000 of these American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollars across all silver product options.
Don’t miss your chance to pay tribute to the sacrifices made by veterans and the steadfast organization that has been looking out for their welfare for the past century. Secure your 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Dollar Proof today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|